XXR vs XXR

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

1 hour ago, Hades said:

Live action MCU Xmen wont even come close to this show in terms of quality...talk about stealing its thunder

I mean Marvel Studios is making both. Demayo probably isn't working on the movie but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if some of the other crew wound up working on it.

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

I would’ve assumed that James Wan was completely burned out on big budget blockbusters at this point. 

I second this. After how much of a shitshow he suffered through with Aquaman 2, I'm not sure if even an ocean's worth of money is going to be enough to win him over.

9 minutes ago, Hades said:

Funny how no one posted the Dwyane Johnson being cast as Apocalypse rumor.....:apocalypse:

Hey I said they were not always correct. Plus I could see like a Deadpool gag having him appear

Anybody who thinks that every Marvel project ..and probably most Disney projects... is not being given a second look after what happened last year at the box office has no idea of how a studio..or any business operates.

The other thing is budgets are not to be as generous as they once were.

Yes, the stuff that in the Can will be finieshed, but I think a lot of the ideas we have heard being floated will never see the light of day.

And, yes, I think maybe shrinking some big budgets movies into less expensive TV shows will  happen.

As for animated show, TV animation is a lot less expensive then live action or even  theatrical movie animation, so I suspect if it gets ratings, Marvel will double down on that.

And thing are never going back to the way they were pre 2020. The changes are permanent.

XMEN97 just stole every thunder from whatever live-action does. This show is the best thing Marvel Studios ever put out easily and by a large margin.

What an incredible show. All episodes are so good.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

4 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

XMEN97 just stole every thunder from whatever live-action does. This show is the best thing Marvel Studios ever put out easily and by a large margin.

I like it, but 
Best thing Marvel Sutdios" ever put out is farther then I would go.

20 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Yup..sadly animation is still kinda seen as a lesser form of entertainment.....this show has given me my fill of Xmen..I dont really care if the live action Xmen does a Blade and is still searching for a director while we are on the 3rd  season of this show..

1 hour ago, poweranimals said:

They're also releasing 4 next year so they're already going against that statement.

It seems very plausible that Blade is gonna be bumped for Spider-Man. So Disney won't be releasing 4 in a year technically.

13 hours ago, poweranimals said:

They're also releasing 4 next year so they're already going against that statement.

If you think that's happening, then I don't know that to tell you. F4 will be delayed to Blade spot.

If there's 4 next year is with Spider-Man 4, from Sony which it doesn't count as theirs, specially speaking to shareholders.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, poweranimals said:

I don't know if they're going to release 4 next year (I really wonder if Blade just dies) but it wouldn't be a contradiction with the full statement in context. 

I've -- we've been working hard with the studio to reduce output and focus more on quality. That's particularly true with Marvel. I know you mentioned television shows. Some of what is coming up as a vestige of basically a desire in the past to increase volume, we're slowly going to decrease volume and go to probably about two TV series a year instead of what had become four and reduce our film output from maybe four a year to two to the maximum three.

I think it's genuinely ambiguous if he's actually ruling out 4 as they clear out a backlog (as opposed to moving forward with new projects) but I could be reading it too broadly. 

Edited by PlatnumRoyce

So I see we're now at the "X-Men '97 is Actually Bad for Marvel as a whole because it's too good and any attempted film(s) will be in its shadow" stage of the discourse.

Never change, peeps, never change.

(yes, I am *very* familiar with this portion of The Discourse after seeing it play out via Andor on the SW side of things)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Porthos said:

So I see we're now at the "X-Men '97 is Actually Bad for Marvel as a whole because it's too good and any attempted film(s) will be in its shadow" stage of the discourse.

Never change, peeps, never change.

(yes, I am *very* familiar with this portion of The Discourse after seeing it play out via Andor on the SW side of things)

Honestly, the audience for X-Men 97 doesn't seem to be enough big to turn into a shadow for MCU.

X-Men 97 seems to have a good reception and audience for an animated show (which are less expensive than live action shows).

Edited by Kon
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kon said:

Honestly, the audience for X-Men 97 doesn't seem to be enough big to turn into a shadow for MCU.

X-Men 97 seems to have a good reception and audience for an animated show (which are less expensive than live action shows).

It seems like it's done a great job at appeasing the die hards and fans who are already there, but I don't think it's bringing in many new eyes. Which is still a big plus for the brand, but I don't think it means a monumental shift is incoming. X-Men are popular, water is wet.