XXR vs XXR

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

7 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

Who's that?

It's from Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, Marvels next animated project. That's Peter, May, and Norman Osborn.

Though apparently in the rest of Espositos quote he indicated it was an original character created for whatever it is.

• Disbelief 1

On 5/3/2024 at 8:30 PM, SpiderByte said:

It's from Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, Marvels next animated project. That's Peter, May, and Norman Osborn.

Though apparently in the rest of Espositos quote he indicated it was an original character created for whatever it is.

they should scrap it and make Spider-Man 98 instead 

On 5/4/2024 at 9:29 AM, HummingLemon496 said:

God. Fucking. Damn

$328M profit from a $100M budget film is absolutely bonkers

It made around $100M more profit than I was expecting. . .

Wait till we get to Barbie and Mario.

19 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I'm guessing he means live action shows since they have 3 animated series slated for this year alone.

Yeah I think animation stuff is its own thing. Feige has basically handed that off to someone else I assume this is mostly the stuff Feige will overseeing but I hope he only focus on movies tbh.

They just keep saying the same thing over and over. Nothing will change unless they change their entire approach as in hiring better writers. The multiverse storyline is already a dud and I can’t see how it can be saved

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Yeah I think animation stuff is its own thing. Feige has basically handed that off to someone else I assume this is mostly the stuff Feige will overseeing but I hope he only focus on movies tbh.

Well Winderbaum is in charge of all the streaming stuff, live action and animated. They are different branding though.

It has literally been stated several times that marvel is focusing on gettin better writers and scripts. Literally their whole approach about everything is being changed, even stuff they did during the infinity saga. Also the multiverse storyline is a dud is such a fascinating take for me. What does that even mean? Almost all of the actual multiverse projects have been massive success and most of the duds have been non multiverse projects. Not to mention are we acting like there isn’t a multiverse project about to do hot business in July for Marvel? Some will argue that it’s because it’s about Deadpool and Wolverine but the multiverse is literally an excuse to make projects with characters like Deadpool and Wolverine in MCU. The multiverse storylines isn’t the problem. It’s just good old quality in projects. That’s what can “save” it. 

Almost feel like some expect all of this changes to take immediate effect when reality is it will take years to fix. Post F4 is when we will really see the difference imo. Now if that difference will lead to success, that will time only tell.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Well Winderbaum is in charge of all the streaming stuff, live action and animated. They are different branding though.

So Feige is probably mostly focusing on movies?

17 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

So Feige is probably mostly focusing on movies?

Kinda? He's still involved to some extent with everything (he talked a few months ago about giving final approval for X-Men 97 episodes) but the live action stuff he at least is still more directly involved.

Are they even going to bother with those Captain America 4 reshoots at this stage? I can't see Iger making statements like these, only to go and greenlight extensive reshoots that'll add to the already bloated budget for a movie that is a difficult sell to begin with. They're better off cutting their losses with that and Thunderbolts and focusing on their Fantastic Four reboot and whatever comes after that instead.

36 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Are they even going to bother with those Captain America 4 reshoots at this stage? I can't see Iger making statements like these, only to go and greenlight extensive reshoots that'll add to the already bloated budget for a movie that is a difficult sell to begin with. They're better off cutting their losses with that and Thunderbolts and focusing on their Fantastic Four reboot and whatever comes after that instead.

In what world is a Captain America movie a hard sell? Just go and look at the likes and engagement some of the first look pictures has. Way over than the usual MCU engagement stuff in this climate. Even if it’s not Steve Rogers there’s going to be interest for a Captain America movie. As I’ve said before not every movie is going to be The Marvels. There is a middle ground here. Also Thunderbolts have barely filmed something kinda premature to write it off. People seem to leave out that all of the moves that bombed last year had horrible reception. The two movies with great reception did great. A good thunderbolts movie can make good money.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Is Iger treating Cap or Thunderbolts like WB treated Aquaman 2? I don't get the sense that's the case.

1 minute ago, SpiderByte said:

How the fuck have we circled back to the "it's easy, just cancel all the stuff they've already announced and filmed" nonsense again. It isn't happening.

You're acting like the folks suggesting this are doing so in good faith.