PanaMovie

Wonka - OS Thread - 410.3M OS - 628.3M WW

48 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

I think China will take Aquaman to #1.

Aquaman has China at around 60m but Wonka has UK for probable 60m+ too. Both have similar BO size from their biggest overseas market. Unless China is making 100m+ for Aquaman or else I still think Wonka has advantage beating Aquaman. 

15 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Aquaman has China at around 60m but Wonka has UK for probable 60m+ too. Both have similar BO size from their biggest overseas market. Unless China is making 100m+ for Aquaman or else I still think Wonka has advantage beating Aquaman. 

He just asked about this weekend not total

• Like 1

Deadline.com

Wonka has crossed the $200M mark worldwide, landing at $215.8M through Friday. The overseas portion of that is $151.9M. Thursday’s $7.1M in 77 markets was on par with the same day last week.

The Top 5 markets to date are the UK ($32.5M), Mexico ($14.3M), Germany ($8.7M), Australia ($8.2M) and Spain/Japan ($7.6M).

• Like 2

Wonka is doing what i thought Aquaman 2 would do whereas Aquaman 2 is doing what I thought Wonka would do by the end of summer. They basically switch position. Worst of all, even if you combine them, they aren't making a billion.  A very tepid season after Avatar and NWH rain almost 2bn each in the theater across the globe. 

• Like 1

Also from Warner Bros (and Village Roadshow/Heyday Films), Wonka had a terrific hold internationally, down just 33% to gross $33.2M in 77 offshore markets. The overseas running cume is $171.3M for $254.9M global including Monday’s domestic estimate.

The Top 5 here are: UK ($38.1M), Mexico ($15.3M), Germany ($9.7M), Australia ($9.5M) and Japan ($8.9M).

Source: Deadline.com

2 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Wonka is doing what i thought Aquaman 2 would do whereas Aquaman 2 is doing what I thought Wonka would do by the end of summer. They basically switch position. Worst of all, even if you combine them, they aren't making a billion.  A very tepid season after Avatar and NWH rain almost 2bn each in the theater across the globe. 

I think they still can do $1B combined. Though that depends on Aquaman's OS holds