Issac Newton

Weekend Thread | Est. Renaissance $21M, TBOSS $14.5M, Godzilla -1.0 $11.03M, Trolls 3 $7.60M, Wish $7.41M, Napoleon $7.13M, Animal $6.14M, The Shift $4.36M &The Marvels $2.51M

This weekend is actually has the strongest post-Thanskgiving weekend since 2018. Five new wide opening + 1 wide expansion clearly contribute to this.  That sound great but it is on the expenses on the holdovers when most of the holdovers drop way worse than usual in the post-Thanksgiving week.

The only exception if of course HG: BOSS. This movie is clearly holding up like Crawdads. At this point I wouldn't rule out possibly defeat of JW4 as Lionsgate biggest hit post-Covid.

• Like 3

Demos for Renaissance were 72% female; broken down that’s 51% women over 25 (100% grade), 21% women under 25 (96% grade), men over 25 at 19% (96% grade) and men under 25 at 8% (90%). EntTelligence says that Renaissanceskewed older a bit as evidenced by the daypart traffic” when compared to Eras Tour:

A breakdown of admissions on Saturday: 

Beyonce         Taylor Swift

Pre 1PM             12%                 19%

1PM to 5PM      33%                  33%

5PM to 8PM      34%                  36%

8PM +               21%                  12%    

I know it’s not going to lose all its theaters next week but at the moment -1 is losing a lot next week. To me this makes no sense. Hopefully theaters extend its run because there’s nothing to lose with where the state of the box office is. 

im going to a afternoon show and it’s packed. 

• Like 1