Issac Newton

Weekend Thread | The Boy and The Heron $12.97M, Godzilla -1.0 $8.59M

1 minute ago, Issac Newton said:

You love to see it. Admittedly, i got a bit too optimistic about a possible increase this weekend, but still, this is just a -10,4% drop from last weekends true weekend gross (9,3M). And thats with a possible underestimated Sunday!

• Like 4
  • Astonished 1

From Wed

In this early December period, most non-family films have an approximate 7-8x Weekend/Weekday baseline ratio. Last week, HG:Boss turned a $1.85M Wed into a $14.17M weekend, or 7.86x, and its Monday number is solid, projecting to a ~$9M/-35% weekend or so

That Godzilla topped it isn't weakness for HG, but strength for G-1, the WOM kicking in, which based off that Monday number is on track for a $8M+ second weekend

Maybe I should try my hand a this Derby prediction thing 😁

• Like 4

NEON’s awards qualifying run of Ava DuVernay’s Origin at two theaters in NY and LA rang up a big $117K opening, for the fourth highest per theater of 2023 with $58,5K behind Asteroid City, Beau Is Afraid, and Poor Things, and ahead of A24’s Past Lives’ $58K)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

You love to see it. Admittedly, i got a bit too optimistic about a possible increase this weekend, but still, this is just a -10,4% drop from last weekends true weekend gross (9,3M). And thats with a possible underestimated Sunday!

Dec 8, 2023 3 $2,260,243 +77% -52% 2,540 $890   $19,261,577 8
Dec 9, 2023 - $3,640,017 +61% -3% 2,540 $1,433   $22,891,351 9
Dec 10, 2023 - $2,442,450 -33% -17% 2,540 $962   $25,333,801 10

Numbers Breakdown! Really amazing WOM!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Can you promise me another 8M+ next weekend? 🙂

$8M would be tough from $8.34M. But with PLF loss already baked in and not likely to loose much in way of volume, $7M+ would be an optimistic bit achievable goal, and $6M+ more likely than not IMO

4 minutes ago, M37 said:

$8M would be tough from $8.34M. But with PLF loss already baked in and not likely to loose much in way of volume, $7M+ would be an optimistic bit achievable goal, and $6M+ more likely than not IMO

1698951052261?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=-RpM

Spoiler

Kidding ofc, anything over 6M next weekend would be amazing.

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Imagine telling the forum back in January that M3GAN would end up easily outgrossing The Marvels domestic.

m3gan-megan.gif

Or in March, that the top 2 grossing films at that point - AMWQ and JW4 - would only slide to 7th and 8th by end of the year.
And to guess the rest yearly top 10 (when 2 - SoF and ERAS - were releases no one knew existed)

• Like 1

Just watched Mr. Monk's Last Case. If I had a cent for every murder mystery released in December in the 2020s where the murderer is basically an Elon Musk stand-in, I would have 2 cents, which isn't a lot but it's wild it's happened 2 years in a row now.

Apart from that, it was a great reunion episode and made me want more Monk adventures. Maybe just a movie a year.

• Like 1