filmlover

Wolfs | 9/20/2024 | Apple | George Clooney, Brad Pitt | Jon Watts directs | Now a limited release

Posted (edited)

Looks fine enough but sad to see Clooney inexplicably playing a charmless grump yet again, thought this would be a chance to get Out of Sight/Danny Ocean George back in our lives. 

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 3

didnt know what I was expecting (probably for the 2 names to show up at the same time), but I was surprised by clooney's name showing up first

is it normal for him to have higher billing?

1 minute ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

didnt know what I was expecting (probably for the 2 names to show up at the same time), but I was surprised by clooney's name showing up first

Oceans?

1 minute ago, Taylor89 said:

Oceans?

yeah, but he's clearly the protagonist of the ocean franchise and that was quite a while ago

1 hour ago, Firepower said:

Those fools delisted and reuploaded the trailer for whatever reason, killing its momentum.

Yeah I was looking forward to seeing the Sony numbers. Now that's all shot. Hate when they do that

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

Yeah I was curious what they do but it makes sense to me. They could be doing an alphabetical thing, but I think Clooney is a more reliable draw 

People say Clooney isn't consistent but I think they're dead wrong. Pitt probably had bigger hits with stuff like Troy, WWZ, and Mr and Mrs Smith, but Clooney's track record for mid budget adult movies is almost unparalleled over the last 25 years. Ocean's, Michael Clayton, Ticket to Paradise, Ides of March, Gravity, The Descendants, Up in the Air, Burn After Reading, O Brother, Where Art Thou, The American. Hell even Money Monster, Hail Caesar did well all things considered. He only really flops when he does really big budget stuff like Tomorrowland, or some dreck he directs (Leatherheads)

Edited by Pinacolada
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

yeah, but he's clearly the protagonist of the ocean franchise and that was quite a while ago

Pitt never was interested in being lead tho.  

9 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

Yeah I was curious what they do but it makes sense to me. They could be doing an alphabetical thing, but I think Clooney is a more reliable draw 

People say Clooney isn't consistent but I think they're dead wrong. Pitt probably had bigger hits with stuff like Troy, WWZ, and Mr and Mrs Smith, but Clooney's track record for mid budget adult movies is almost unparalleled over the last 25 years. Ocean's, Michael Clayton, Ticket to Paradise, Ides of March, Gravity, The Descendants, Up in the Air, Burn After Reading, O Brother, Where Art Thou, The American. Hell even Money Monster, Hail Caesar did well all things considered. He only really flops when he does really big budget stuff like Tomorrowland, or some dreck he directs (Leatherheads)

Pitt is definitely bigger than him. lol especially worldwide. he's very popular in Asia. Clooney is almost unknown here.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pinacolada said:

Clooney was part of ensembles in all Oceans films, was clearly not the draw in Gravity, and the rest of those are mid size at best hits. He is akin to Ryan Gosling in that he is def. a draw in a very specific type of role, but his die hard fanbase is actually a lot smaller than his name recognition would lead one to believe. 

WTF not even 500k views for the trailer on Sony's youtube channel. But i think i read they reuploaded the trailer. I hope i read that right cos the views are extremely low.

On 5/31/2024 at 11:40 PM, Maggie said:

WTF not even 500k views for the trailer on Sony's youtube channel. But i think i read they reuploaded the trailer. I hope i read that right cos the views are extremely low.

There's really no hype for the movie

On 5/31/2024 at 11:10 PM, Maggie said:

That's because those fools reuploaded the trailer for no reason.

• Like 1