Issac Newton

Aquaman &The Lost Kingdom | $294.6M OS | $412.7M WW

Deadline: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom was the biggest studio title of the offshore frame with an estimated $30.3M from 77 markets. Amid a good 37% overall drop, Brazil increased by 24% while Netherlands (-1%), Spain (-10%), Germany (-11%), France (-24%), Italy (-29%) and Mexico (-29%) all saw strong holds. 

That’s encouraging news with $400M+ global on the cards. Currently, the international cume is $234.8M and worldwide is $334.8M. IMAX this weekend added $2.5M globally, bringing the running tally to $31M. 

The Top 5 markets to date are China ($54.3M), Mexico ($17.5M), France ($13.5M), Germany ($13M) and the UK ($10.5M).

Unexpectedly the movie continue to match avatar’s hold in post holiday, and way better than NWH at the same point of run. If the hold continue to match avatar 2, with some extra help from Japan, 440m is within reach the final total range. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania will stay as the 2nd highest grossing CBM of the year worldwide it seems

Lowkey impressive that Ant-Man has never reached the lows of Batman, Superman, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, X-Men and Hulk

Spiderverse very weak internationally, Aquaman 2 launched with bad reviews and in a universe destined to be finalized will probably have a higher OS box office than it, Spiderverse clearly does not have international appeal like other superhero franchises.

On 1/15/2024 at 12:28 AM, Marcos12 said:

Spiderverse very weak internationally, Aquaman 2 launched with bad reviews and in a universe destined to be finalized will probably have a higher OS box office than it, Spiderverse clearly does not have international appeal like other superhero franchises.

Yeah, Spider-Verse is crap overseas compared to domestic. The first one did really bad OS-China ($122m) so it's not that surprising.

As someone who thought The Flash was locked to be the highest grossing DCEU film of the year since Nov 20th, I gotta eat crow on this one. It ended up grossing well past The Flash with overseas money alone. This movie unironically really beat my expectations, the legs have been really surprising given the initial reception

Edited by HummingLemon496

So probably $127M domestic and $318M OS for a $445M worldwide final.

Once I saw the initial presales I thought it was gonna do like $85M domestic, $125M OS-C, and like $50M China for a $260M-ish worldwide final.

So it's actually gonna make about as much in OS-China alone as I thought it was gonna make worldwide initially. 

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

So probably $127M domestic and $318M OS for a $445M worldwide final.

Once I saw the initial presales I thought it was gonna do like $85M domestic, $125M OS-C, and like $50M China for a $260M-ish worldwide final.

So it's actually gonna make about as much in OS-China alone as I thought it was gonna make worldwide initially. 

It probably won't break even but it's still a very impressive run, all things considered.

3 hours ago, dallas said:

It probably won't break even but it's still a very impressive run, all things considered.

Yes it's relatively impressive, the legs specifically REALLY took me by surprise. Usually a B+ has some wiggle room but a B for a major franchise blockbuster is usually a flat out death sentence. This is probably an anomaly where the die-hards on opening night hated it but GA who watched it over the holidays loved it.