Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Xmas Day #s - Purple 18.1, Aqua 10.6, Wonka 10.3, Boys 5.7, Migration 5.4, Ferrari 2.9 | #BlackGirlMagic dominates the charts

17 minutes ago, Ken said:

It's funny that for all of DC's shortcomings: Man of Steel, Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam, and even Joker and The Batman were all successful enough to get follow-ups. That's better than what a lot of other blockbuster hopefuls in the last decade got.

your pfp

heard the directors cut came out on physical media a few weeks ago

have you seen it? 

Just now, Welcbr12 said:

I'm not gonna lie, I was already prepared for a B- after the reception I saw, a B now doesn't look sooo bad tbh 

Now I'm wondering if the B was closer to a B- or a B+

I guess we will tell based on this movie's legs

9 minutes ago, dallas said:

In any case, I think $100M DOM is a lock. If it doesn't reach that off a $30M 3-day, then that's just sad

Aquabro should be at least 60m by the end of the week (prob 65m), so I don't see how it's supposed to miss 100m. Probably 130m or so. TLJ's second week may be the best comp here.

Edited by Bob Train
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob Train said:

Aquabro should be at least 60m by the end of the week (prob 65m), so I don't see how it's supposed to miss 100m. Probably 130m or so. TLJ's second week may be the best comp here.

Hmm. If it actually gets to $130M, I can see it potentially passing Black Adam's worldwide total. Maybe the DCEU will go out with a (relative) bang. 

• Like 1

just remembered momoa isnt 100% white so I cant make the joke I was about to make about the letter B

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
not worth it
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

With that CinemaScore, could this achieve a feat only seen every once in a blue moon?

peter jackson smile GIF

2.1 legs?

impossible 

Just now, BadOlCatSylvester said:

With that CinemaScore, could this achieve a feat only seen every once in a blue moon?

peter jackson smile GIF

This is different. Mortal Engines released on the pre-pre-Christmas weekend (Dec 14). Aquaman is releasing on the pre-Christmas weekend (Dec 22) so basically every day from Christmas to New Years is a Saturday. This should basically make it impossible for Aquaman to collapse like Mortal Engines did (2.11x).

• Like 1