16 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I absolutely love this movie. It's funny because I had to watch it for one of my college classes and was thinking it was going to be the dumbest thing. Boy was I shocked. This movie is amazing, it took my breath away. The dialouge, acting, action scenes (which Bay did limit himself, I will give him his credit), and the story. It all worked so well. I mean, I know there are parts of the movie that are highly unrealistic (like when the two main characters are on that billboard sign and fall like hundred's of feet but come out fine), but hey, it's a movie.

A+++ all the way. Loved it. (then again, I love a lot of sci-fi :wub: )

I like it, don't love it. It is average at best really. 

Haven't seen it since I saw it in theaters back in 2005. So, maybe my opinion might change if I watched it more recently, but I doubt it.

C(77)

Edited by Empire

If you think this is a good Michael Bay film in an otherwise bad filmography, like I used to think, watch this film again, it's bad bad.

The premise is literally the only half great thing about The Island, even the action is underwhelming compared to what we have today,  and the second act (which is all action) is chore to sit through. Also, the color graded is so saturated that it is almost visually unbearable. 40/100

Michael Bay's filmography marathon

TF1 70/100
TF3 45/100 
The Island 40/100
TF2 30/100
Edited by Goffe