kayumanggi

INSIDE OUT II | 451.3M overseas | 863.1M worldwide

17 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

China run has been impressive and it managed to keep the show count due to that. I wonder if a big local movie or DM4 will release and kill the legs. Otherwise it could keep going. Soul had a great run during pandemic. 

I won’t say it is impressive because now the second weekend is heading to 30% drop. If that remains, that is one of the weakest hold among Asian countries for IO2. Even the market like India and Indonesia which are well known for its frontloadedness, managed to stay flat for IO2, and outside of Philippines, I don’t see other Asian countries drop more than 20% either. 

2 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I won’t say it is impressive because now the second weekend is heading to 30% drop. If that remains, that is one of the weakest hold among Asian countries for IO2. Even the market like India and Indonesia which are well known for its frontloadedness, managed to stay flat for IO2, and outside of Philippines, I don’t see other Asian countries drop more than 20% either. 

id disagree. It’s increasing literally everyday in china and it’s looking like a 7-9m weekend. That’d be under a 20 percent drop. Wouldn’t it?

2 minutes ago, AnthonyJPHer said:

id disagree. It’s increasing literally everyday in china and it’s looking like a 7-9m weekend. That’d be under a 20 percent drop. Wouldn’t it?

Fri drop 35% from last OD.  The mid-week increase is great but that is due to summer break starting. Garfield and another Japanese anime experience similar trend (even greater increase by %) like IO2. 

32 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Didn't pay much attention after 2nd weekend but seems like FSS should be $90M+ easily.

Then it will be at $1 billion on Sunday.

1 minute ago, Purple Minion said:

Deadline: In new overseas markets, Thursday added New Zealand, where IO2 opened at No. 1 and posted the third-biggest animated launch day of all time, the best-ever for Pixar and the top animated debut day ever outside of holidays. A strong weekend is expected.

I think the only market left after this is Japan. Which opens on August 1st.

4 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

You have to take into account that China is probably the most frontloaded market for Hollywood movies. Very few pass 2.5x multiplier, so the fact that Inside Out 2 will get around a 3.7x multiplier is strong legs for China

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cannastop said:

Then it will be at $1 billion on Sunday.

I think the only market left after this is Japan. Which opens on August 1st.

There’s still Portugal, Netherlands, Finland, Hong Kong, and Sweden. Not massive ones, but they can contribute decent money

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Flip said:

There’s still Portugal, Netherlands, Finland, Hong Kong, and Sweden. Not massive ones, but they can contribute decent money

I saw totals for the 5 countries in comparaison with the other animation movies .

Dory : 26,1M

Incredibles 2 : 30M

Toy Story 4 : 23,7M

Mario : 41,57M

I think 30-35M is the target for this five countries + 25-30M for Inside Out 2 (Maybe more) . It makes 55-65M of reserves .

And it's not finish because IO2 is in 45 countries , in general , a movie release in 70-75 countries so he has got other reserves.

• Like 1

As per BOM, here were the best drops last weekend. Countries in bold had 1M+ second weekends.

+155.7% SWITZERLAND

+23.6% ICELAND

+14.9% INDONESIA

+12.8% SLOVENIA

+6.0% ARGENTINA

-2.4% SINGAPORE

-4.4% TAIWAN

-6.0% INDIA

-14.9% CROATIA

-15.4% CHILE

-15.8% SOUTH KOREA

-16.5% MALAYSIA

-16.6% COLOMBIA

-18.1% AUSTRALIA

-19.8% GERMANY

-21.4% VIETNAM

-22.8% DENMARK

-27.6% MEXICO

-29.3% LITHUANIA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, KP1025 said:

I feel $1 billion OS would require a Japan breakout, which is not something I would bet on. The holds post-DM4 opening in the rest of the markets will also be crucial. 

even if Japan breaks out in a major way, it would really only add maybe $20m to the expected total. Considering how weak the yen is...