kayumanggi

INSIDE OUT II | 958.1M overseas | 1596.0M worldwide

2 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

it did 1.5m in Brazil in the middle of the week !!! Winter break over there? How high it can go. It 2019 1 USD was 3.74 real and now its 5.45. That is like 50% worse 😞 Would have easily crushed 100m in brazil otherwise. 

I'm not sure there's any major currency that's stronger now against the US Dollar than it was in 2019... The Japanese Yen has a similar story as the Brazilian Real. GBP and EUR are almost the same as it was 5 years ago, but in 2022 they were both very weak.

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I'm not sure there's any major currency that's stronger now against the US Dollar than it was in 2019... The Japanese Yen has a similar story as the Brazilian Real. GBP and EUR are almost the same as it was 5 years ago, but in 2022 they were both very weak.

Mexican Peso is the one which has held very well in past 5 years. its actually better than 5 years ago and it bottomed in early days of Pandemic. Pound/Euro/AUD are flattish. Otherwise Dollar is stronger. Especially against economies with high inflation and more import focused. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

more territories I guess. And more school breaks?

Its only new market this weekend is Portugal. School break in more countries is probably the explanation. 

17 minutes ago, cannastop said:

more territories I guess. And more school breaks?

Must’ve had crazy openings since it dropped over 50% in Korea, Italy, Spain, but I think the only territory that’s opening is Portugal 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Flip said:

Must’ve had crazy openings since it dropped over 50% in Korea, Italy, Spain, but I think the only territory that’s opening is Portugal 

Is it Joeover for those territories? Cause Korea was going really strong and it suddenly just started to die. It doesn’t make sense 

Europe should be on summer break. Only UK is the last one next week. Also last thursday could be deflated due to Euros? Anyway weekend increases wont be that good this week for sure. Still should hit 780M by Sunday right. Next week has 3 more European markets opening and then August 1st opening in Japan during the Obon week. I hope it does hit 1B OS. 

• Like 1

FYI @Bluebomb from KJ

Some of you may be wondering why Inside Out 2 increased from last Thursday overseas. This is the reason why.

In Hong Kong, Inside Out 2 officially opened on Thursday but it had sneak previews beginning on June 29, going up against Despicable Me 4's official opening day. It has had 12 days of sneak previews, beaten Despicable Me 4 every single day and has widened the gap over it as well. 

Some numbers: During the 3 day holiday period from June 29-July 1, Inside Out 2 grossed around 1.85-1.9m. With today's official opening day total coming in over 5m, this will amass 6.5m for its official opening weekend (including previews).

There's no doubt in my mind that this will pass 10m and it should beat Toy Story 3 ($89,364,118 HK, 11.3m US) for the highest grossing animation film of all time. I see about 95m HK ($12.0m US) for Inside Out 2 on the low end and up to around 120m HK ($15.2m US) on the high end depending on its performance against Twisters next weekend and how theaters schedule Deadpool & Wolverine. If Deadpool & Wolverine gets 5-6 screens everywhere, then it is game over for Inside Out 2 and I expect around 12m, however, if it can sustain itself against Twisters and do well, I think theaters will have to give 5-6 showtimes to Inside Out 2 at theaters with 5-6 screens in 2 weeks.
Despicable Me 4's performance has been disappointing. It has only made about 2.7m so far. Considering the franchise came out on top in the past against Inside Out and Pixar, to not even make half of Minions' total (78.4m HK) would be shocking. It can only hope that Deadpool & Wolverine underperforms in 2 weeks because at the pace it is going, 5m is not happening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, rihrey said:

Its only new market this weekend is Portugal. School break in more countries is probably the explanation. 

It also opened in the netherlands, that should be an extra 3m this weekend

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rihrey said:

I thought that was next weekend, cool!

You are right! Mb, they are just holding previews over here not the official release yet

• Like 2

On 7/8/2024 at 11:20 AM, Madhuvan said:

Leave OS ,I think almost every movie over 1.2b+ ww has atleast 1 OS market over 100m

Well, IO2 is almost 1.3B right now, and no OS market is over 100M (Mexico lands on 92M). After this weekend it will be well above 1.3B and no market on 100M. Wherever it lands over 1.2B+, seems no market would go above 100M. Mexico seems to have slowed down.

Only hope is IO2 blasting in Japan and making it to the 100M mark, which could be feasible.

But could be interesting for a movie run to reach 1.5B WW (which is where I think it will land at the end of its run) with no intl. market above 100M.

Could IO2 surpass Barbie in all three segments: DOM, OS and WW?

DOM:

- Barbie 636 M

- IO2 552 M

- Barbie 809 M

- IO2 735 M

WW:

- Barbie 1.445 B

- IO2 1.287 B

DOM i'm not sure. Barbie had exceptional long legs, and although IO2 took some advantage on a day-by-day comparison, it's recently slowed down a bit and seem on the way to equal dailies and cume. On day 10th IO2 lead by +5M, on day 20th  the lead was on +11M, and now on day 28th the lead has shrunk back to +6M. On favour of IO2 is the fact that there's the whole summer ahead (IO2 released mid-june, one month before Barbie, mid-july). Also DM4 doesn't seem to be hurting IO2 run at all.

OS i think it's a done deal IO2 over Barbie

And WW also I think it's a done deal, due mainly to a way better OS performance although the DOM lies behind Barbie's. 

For me, IO2 may make 615M + 900M = 1.515B. 

12th-14th All time DOM.

10th-12th All time WW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

Well, IO2 is almost 1.3B right now, and no OS market is over 100M (Mexico lands on 92M). After this weekend it will be well above 1.3B and no market on 100M. Wherever it lands over 1.2B+, seems no market would go above 100M. Mexico seems to have slowed down.

Only hope is IO2 blasting in Japan and making it to the 100M mark, which could be feasible.

But could be interesting for a movie run to reach 1.5B WW (which is where I think it will land at the end of its run) with no intl. market above 100M.

100M in japan is impossible. Absolutely 0 chance.

• Like 3