Issac Newton

Weekdays Thread | THU - GxK $4.1M, Dune II $1.08M

6 hours ago, redfirebird2008 said:

It seems Europe always has more vacation time than the USA. Our corporate masters in America really like to grind us into the ground, lol

Here in Bavaria (Germany):

6 full weeks paid vacation (can get higher as you get older/work for a longer time) plus 13 non-Sunday paid for public holidays per year

Employer will get in trouble if trying to refusing your vacation, they can say eg at that time… only ?x workers can take vacation at the same time, but they have to give the time. In addition they give usually additional days for moving, death in the near family…

6 weeks in one row illness = paid fully, if it takes longer a reduction happens (health insurance takes over, they pay roughly 90% of your normal salary), but only if it is the same illness.
In theory you can be ill for 6 weeks for one reason and then be ill for another reason…. And still get fully paid.

The 90% detail will get paid for up to 72 weeks within 3 years, afterwards the terms change again, not sure how (never needed it, the longer than 6 weeks only once after a broken bone where the doctor said 3 months,  it I started earlier out of boredom)

benefits, health insurance,… start after surpassing roughly 10h/week average within a month (per law), full time is usually around 37h +/- per week

A new parents gets 65% to 67% paid (calculated out of the 12 months before…) parenting time for 1 year. You can work up to 30h/week an still get that money in full.

afterwards you‘ll get a minimum of 250€/month, depending on your income. Can be a lot more too, if a rather low income is earned.

health insurance for children and stay at home parent is usually free (included in a parent‘s/partner’s statutory health insurance). Exceptions can happen if eg parents are self employed.

School, university… free too beside some books/material (normal prices, not comparable to some insane prices I heard about)

Kindergarden/child care/after school starting 3y old is either free or very low cost, or…. depending on income. Eg up to 15.000€ it’s free, kindergarden (here starting 3y up to entering grammar school) is free beside the meals, for after school it depends on income, especially 60.000€/year and 80.000€/year makes it a bit more to pay (but still waaaayy less than what I read about the US)

not sure about child care for younger than 3y olds, I think it’s the same

siblings are often free or at least reduced even for after school…

Work security clothes / shoes has to pay the employer, they can not deduct the cost for those from the salaries of the employees. Same counts for clothes with eg emblems of the company… 

I feel there is a big gap in work-live balance, health, longevity, access to education, legal system,… between the US and every other industrial nation I know about at least some of the details

• Sad 1

Someone shut me up if I’m wrong, but it seems like Dune’s run is less malleable to the outside forces that affect the box office—things like holidays, discount days, etc. Of course those DO have an effect, but less on the whole than we typically see. Dune seems to follow its own baseline more than anything. Again, I could be way off in my observation. It’s just such an interesting run to me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

6.8 GxK

That seems unusual for first discount day to be lower than first Monday? Or is the Monday being sorts of a holiday the reason? 

1 minute ago, Cookson said:

That seems unusual for first discount day to be lower than first Monday? Or is the Monday being sorts of a holiday the reason? 

Monday was inflated by a lot of people being given it off because of the Easter connection. So a decline is perfectly normal here.

2 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

6.8 GxK

So, discount Tuesday is a smaller number than Monday.

I assume Monday should have been holiday for a good amount of people.

8 minutes ago, ando said:

Even with Monday being Easter, this drop seems a bit steep for Tuesday

Well, Dune 2 has also a drop (even if it is smaller). So, Monday being Easter seems to have helped.

Dune Tuesday is disappointing. Hope it levels out by the weekend. 

I guess I was just expecting movies to stay flat or have tiny increases. These drops are kinda hefty. 

Edited by ando

If it was a normal weekend last week for Dune 2

Thu = 1.42M (-25%)

Fri = 3M (+110%)

Sat = 5.1M (+70%)

Sun = 3.6M (-30%)

Mon = 1.08M (-70%)

Tue = 1.26M (+17%)

I think rest of the week should be:

Wed = Thu = 1.05M (-16%)

Fri = 2.3M (+120%)

Sat = 4M (+75%)

Sun = 2.8M (-30%)

Weekend = 9.1M (-20%)

11 minutes ago, Scubasteve716 said:

Godzilla X Kong dropping less than Dune Monday to Tuesday wouldn't that be great for GxK? Why are people acting like it's bad? 

Huh? Godzilla x Kong has bigger drop than Dune 2.

GxK

Monday: 7.75M

Tuesday: 6.83M

Dune 2

Monday: 1.48M

Tuesday: 1.26M

Originally, Dune was much stronger on weekdays, but KFP4 pulled ahead on weekends (because kids are available). Now Dune has won the past two weekends, but KFP4 is ahead on weekdays. What switched? Is that surprising, or is there a clear reason? If KFP4 continues with 40% drops, it'll reach about 180M or so. I think that's a bit less than most projections, so people think it'll be dropping less than that?

GxK had ~84% of Dune 2's first Tuesday. Is that a plausible guess for the 2nd weekend? (Which would put GxK at 38-39M 2nd weekend). Or any reason to think that's very off?

Frozen Empire actually a fair bit ahead of Afterlife on its 2nd Tuesday, even though it's far behind cumulatively. Looks like it'll be past 100M, but not by too much?