kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | actuals | 58.40M KINGDOM OF THE PLANET OF THE APES | 13.70M THE FALL GUY | 4.38M CHALLENGERS | TAROT

I predicted a 18 million Friday. I mean, Jat did say walkups were pretty amazing, or at the very least very strong, and I think some other trackers said the same thing. It could pull a 55m+ weekend.

2 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Twisters can't come soon enough honestly, depressing year so far.

It's going to be up to Inside Out and DM4 to save the summer. Nostalgic Toy Commercials to the rescue!

2 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Really? Looking forward to that yeah but Furiosa, Bad Boys, IO 2, Horizons, QP Day One all before that. I assume you are not interested in any of those I guess.

Just now, emoviefan said:

Really? Looking forward to that yeah but Furiosa, Bad Boys, IO 2, Horizons, QP Day One all before that. I assume you are not interested in any of those I guess.

Not really. Furiosa's trailers never did anything for me, Bad Boys looks fine, I don't like the idea or trailer for Inside Out 2. Quiet Place doesn't look as good, visually, as the original. I'll give you Horzions, as well as Bikeriders and Maxxxine, but yeah I'm not looking forward to much.

6 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

You seriously think Twisters is the most anticipated movie of the year? That's what's sad.

1 minute ago, MightyDargon said:

You seriously think Twisters is the most anticipated movie of the year? That's what's sad.

For me personally I think it looks better than every other blockbuster coming of this summer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Yep I knew this thread would take the turn in to the sadness at some point.

Nothing sad if Apes hits mid 50M and gets good legs. Audience is really stable.

2 minutes ago, MightyDargon said:

Your taste is awful.

I think I'm rather middle-brow for looking forward to a movie from an Oscar nominee that was shot on 35mm rather than just looking forward to Deadpool.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Nothing sad if Apes hits mid 50M and gets good legs. Audience is really stable.

I am not sad  about Apes I am talking about Ringed saying Twisters is going to save the summer and than you saying it's up too the NTC's to save the summer.

Dawn feels more and more like a lucky moment in time. 2014 was a dire year for major blockbusters which allowed it to break out above the normal numbers for this franchise.

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Dawn feels more and more like a lucky moment in time. 2014 was a dire year for major blockbusters which allowed it to break out above the normal numbers for this franchise.

Can’t wait for you to win Funniest Poster again in 2026 so we can have six Afflecks staring at us. 😘

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 1

A total similar to the last one would be seen as a win given the 7 year gap between movies and all the changes in how we consume entertainment that have emerged in such a relatively short amount of time. There will be another one of these in 2-3 years for sure.

18 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Can’t wait for you to win Funniest Poster again in 2026 so we can have six Afflecks staring at us. 😘

Fake news, I’m winning Funniest Poster in 2026.

(If I don’t then it’s rigged)

• Astonished 1

Posted (edited)

Honestly I'm more optimistic about the rest of May than I was last week, I know the trackers aren't high on IF but it's a legit breakout in France and I have to believe it's gonna have a lot of walkups here, though I also think its local weekend presales have been actually solid so far.

I'm also wondering at this point if Garfuriosa is gonna become an actual thing.

Edited by AniNate