kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [05.24 - 05.27, 2024] | 4-day actuals | 32.3M FURIOSA: A MAD MAX SAGA | 31.3M THE GARFIELD MOVIE | 22.3M IF | 17.6M KINGDOM OF THE PLANET OF THE APES

5 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I’ve seen 30 theatrical films and only 1 streaming film this year. 

Streaming is more for TV shows IMO, and that’s reflected most weeks in the Neilsen numbers. A film usually struggles to make it into the top 10 overall chart. Maybe they’re doing better on digital. 

26 for me, and also just one streaming film. Now that AMC has (for the most part) fixed their app I’m really enjoying the “A-List” membership. 

13 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

What’s with Gitesh’s hyperbole about no May movie grossing over $175 million for the first time since 1998. He knew that would happen, so why start crying about it now? Is it for the engagement? I don’t get it. 

Even Luiz. It's like they expect each month should produce a 200M film. They should know better. Big movies have been delayed because of the strike. The number of releases still has not reached pre-pandemic levels.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

What's with the Twisters obsession? I can see it having good holds because of minors buying tickets to sneak into D&W instead but that's about it. It's not really screaming impressive opening.

Fortunately, I think Bad Boys, Quiet Place, IO2 and DM4 will be hits before Deadpool arrives. 

I’m told that in America, at the time, the first Twister was really popular. I’m in the UK and, by the grace of god, I’m not an old man so I cannot verify this.

1 minute ago, AJG said:

I’m told that in America, at the time, the first Twister was really popular. I’m in the UK and, by the grace of god, I’m not an old man so I cannot verify this.

Twister was huge in the U.K. too. Remember it well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wildphantom said:

Twister was huge in the U.K. too. Remember it well. 

Old man, tell us more about 1996. Why were the Spice Girls so popular?

I don't know about Twister, don't even know it exist until the new trailer but I have heard few people bought up this movie in their conversation. Looks like they just treat this as an original movie. 

Just now, AJG said:

Old man, tell us more about 1996. Why were the Spice Girls so popular?

haha.  That was the advent of ‘girl power’ no less. Just one of those things. You can’t predict them, and here’s hoping we get some surprises that take off this summer at the box office. 

Twister was a huge surprise that it did so well.  

• Like 1

Are tornadoes without anything else exciting to modern audiences? No superheroes to stop the tornadoes, no dinosaurs battling against a backdrop of tornadoes, no Godzilla emerging from the tornadoes....just...tornadoes? 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

What's with the Twisters obsession? I can see it having good holds because of minors buying tickets to sneak into D&W instead but that's about it. It's not really screaming impressive opening.

The power of this legend compels us all:

Oscars Red Carpet Photos | 2017

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1