kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | May 31-Jun 02, 2024 | actuals | 14.01M GARFIELD | 10.78M FURIOSA | 10.51M IF | 8.97M APES

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Of course they attract attention, but is that attention translating into a career as a box office draw?

I mean, currently, it's pretty hard actors could be a box office draw. Relatable actors doesn't seem to be a box office draw either.

I'm not even sure if Lady Gaga (a popular singer) is a big draw for movies.

Edited by Kon

8 minutes ago, Kon said:

I'm not even sure if Lady Gaga (a popular singer) is a big draw for movies.

House of Gucci did significantly better any of the other adult-targeted dramas released during that COVID period. To say Gaga didn't play a part in that is an attempt at revisionism. Heck, she's arguably the biggest selling point for Joker 2, even the trades reported on the pap photos taken from the set of her.

45 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Hollywood’s new stars are too hot. Glen Powell and Sydney Sweeney have too much sex appeal to be relatable. Audiences like attractive actors, but I think someone like Lady Gaga benefits from not feeling like an OnlyFans star and being approachable. 

Are they, though? :lol: They don't appear significantly different from folks you could easily pass by on the street.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Hollywood’s new stars are too hot. Glen Powell and Sydney Sweeney have too much sex appeal to be relatable. Audiences like attractive actors, but I think someone like Lady Gaga benefits from not feeling like an OnlyFans star and being approachable. 

Now, i've heard it all!

Glen Powell is hot, but not in a threatening way that girls would me intimidated by him. He has charm and he'll save Twisters

1 hour ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

I'm looking at Tom Blyth with professional interest. I do wonder what he'll do next. He's got a British indie, pre Hunger Games indie and a period film coming up. If I were Feige I'd be seeing my Scott Summers.

4 minutes ago, Juliet said:

I'm looking at Tom Blyth with professional interest. I do wonder what he'll do next. He's got a British indie, pre Hunger Games indie and a period film coming up. If I were Feige I'd be seeing my Scott Summers.

I was leaning more towards him as a baddie in The Batman Part II.

Posted (edited)

There is a Children Day in China.

Domestic wise, I know IO2 is coming but suddenly Garfield has some slightest chance to hit 100m too with that 42% second weekend drop.

Edited by titanic2187
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Maggie said:

Now, i've heard it all!

Glen Powell is hot, but not in a threatening way that girls would me intimidated by him. He has charm and he'll save Twisters

What is "hot in a threatening way"?

I've read the this phrase, but I've never understand what it means.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

-30% drop. It is been mirroring TLC's hold almost perfectly.

$90 million is locked now. A perfectly good outcome, considering its start and the furore it created. 

Edited by wildphantom

2 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Nice hold for IF, but man it just isn't getting much help from the rest of the world

playing really well in the UK too, but agree, most international territories are underwhelming.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

-60% drop

That would be a strong fall from previous weekend. What are Furiosa numbers for Saturday?

Edited by Kon

Jerry Bruckheimer’s highest-tested movie, the British period movie Young Woman in the Sea starring Daisy Ridley, looks to have made, per industry estimates, around $500K. The 84% certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes title, which was pivoted from a Disney+ debut, is only in theaters for two weeks before hitting the streaming service. Disney isn’t reporting grosses, as they’re eyeing this strictly as an awards play and don’t want to bring any tarnish to the movie’s prestige.

Box Office: 'Haikyu!! Dumpster Battle' Sees $800K Previews In Weak Weekend (deadline.com)

Poor Daisy Ridley. Feels like only a matter of time until Hallmark movies come calling for her.