Eric is Quiet

INSIDE OUT 2 WEEKEND THREAD | 155M DOM, 140M OS | Summer is back, Disney saves the day! | πŸ˜‚πŸ˜’πŸ˜‘πŸ€’πŸ˜±πŸ˜°πŸ˜’πŸ₯±πŸ˜³

5 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Fury road was also 9 years ago. Both FR and IO are extremely well liked. Their next film are positively received too but one went south one went high. I guess the prequel vs sequel really make some differences.

Furiosa's problem was that it was basically Solo all over again, in that it was a random prequel based on a secondary lead, starring a different actor/actress than the one who made said character a star. I still think a proper Fury Road sequel would have done a lot better. But between George Miller's increasingly older age and the failure of Furiosa, we'll likely never know.

Mad Max: Fury Road was never some huge blockbuster anyways. I remember being surprised Furiosa got approved at all. Fury Road had a terrible OW and legged out to a decent considering its OW but in the scheme of things not great 150 domestic and 380 worldwide. Sure Furiosa fell hard from that but eliminate Max from the equation, add in it being almost 10 years since the last one, and the trailers not being that beloved I don't think Furiosa doing what it did is that surprising.Β 

Edited by Mulder
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Fury Road had a terrible OW

45 mln domestic OW isn't anywhere near terrible for this kind of movie, in fact WB would kill for Furiosa having this OW.

• Like 8

Just now, TomThomas said:

45 mln domestic OW isn't anywhere near terrible for this kind of movie, in fact WB would kill for Furiosa having this OW.

In 2015 with the budget it had, 45 was very bad. People were pretty gloomy about it back then. It legged itself out to something more decent but 45 wasn't a good OW.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, titanic2187 said:

Fury road was also 9 years ago. Both FR and IO are extremely well liked. Their next film are positively received too but one went south one went high. I guess the prequel vs sequel really make some differences.

Β 

Fury Road was mostly watched by adults who don’t usually get β€œnostalgic” about things they watch for the first time as adults.Β 

• Like 3

Fury Road (and by extension, Furiosa), no matter how acclaimed they are and no matter how great they are as movies, will always be only for a niche audience. Post-apocalyptic action dramas without any real humour is just a very hard sell for the average moviegoer.

• Like 5

TBH if it were a Tom Hardy-led Fury Road sequel out now instead of Furiosa I think we would've instead been discussing how they missed the sell-by date to capitalize on that movie's acclaim by 6-7 years, just like what happened to Sin City 2 (where they waited until too many people just didn't care anymore).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

This will do what Doctor Strange couldn't: make a billion

Β 

It will do what Doctor Strange couldn't:

Give respectful character development to its main female character and be well receivedΒ 

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, justnumbers said:

LOL. Some of you guys are just crazy.

Having a boner over a box Office weekend? Oh you silly people...

Β 

Couldn't be me.

It's justified when it means more money for Disney, like this is about to become their highest grossing movie post pandemic (well, other than A2). I hope this movie blows up to like $500M DOM and $1200M WW or some shit because that'd mean like a $325M+ profit for Disney.

Edited by HummingLemon496

14 minutes ago, filmlover said:

TBH if it were a Tom Hardy-led Fury Road sequel out now instead of Furiosa I think we would've instead been discussing how they missed the sell-by date to capitalize on that movie's acclaim by 6-7 years, just like what happened to Sin City 2 (where they waited until too many people just didn't care anymore).

Β 

If we have aΒ Tom Hardy-led Fury Road sequel, I think people would likely discuss how not focusing on the most popular character in Fury Road (Furiosa) was a bad choice.

22 minutes ago, Legion Again said:

Give respectful character development to its main female character and be well receivedΒ 

Furiosa did that, but it was a bombΒ πŸ˜’

Edited by Kon
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Legion Again said:

This will do whatΒ Spider-Man: No Way HomeΒ couldn't

Β 

Be well received and actually be good

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1
  • Knock It Off 3

Just now, HummingLemon496 said:

This will do whatΒ Spider-Man: No Way HomeΒ couldn't

Β 

Be well received and actually be good

Been a bit since your last terrible take.

Β 

Glad to see you not letting us down.

• Like 1