Eric is Quiet

INSIDE OUT 2 WEEKEND THREAD | 155M DOM, 140M OS | Summer is back, Disney saves the day! | πŸ˜‚πŸ˜’πŸ˜‘πŸ€’πŸ˜±πŸ˜°πŸ˜’πŸ₯±πŸ˜³

21 minutes ago, Eric S'ennui said:

Big Hero 6 has the vibes where it was a big hit when it came out, but I never see anybody talking about it anymore. Like all the other Revival movies have people still making references to it, toys being sold, rumblings online. But I think the last time I ever saw somebody talk about Big Hero 6 out there in the wild was probably like...7 years ago? Guess part of it is just that Marvel fans have bigger, more exciting things to gush over? I dunno.

I know Baymax has had a presence at the parks and they just re themed a part of DCA to San Fransokyo but probably not anything to justify a new movie.

Just now, Torontofan said:

What the number for Inside outΒ 

Β 

We gonna have a 100 million opener since Barbie?

Β 

Β 

Β 

The question at this point is $150 million

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Toy Story 3Β 

Finding NemoΒ 

Monsters IncΒ 

Inside OutΒ 

CocoΒ 

Toy Story 2Β 

Ratatouille

UpΒ 

The IncrediblesΒ 

SoulΒ 

Wall-EΒ 

Toy Story 4Β 

Toy StoryΒ 

Turning RedΒ 

Finding DoryΒ 

The Incredibles 2Β 

Monsters UniversityΒ 

Elemental

LucaΒ 

CarsΒ 

Brave

Cars 3

A Bug's LifeΒ 

OnwardΒ 

The Good DinosaurΒ 

Cars 2Β 

LightyearΒ 

Β 

Β 

Β 

10 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Β 

The question at this point is $150 million

Β 

Β 

i don’t really see that happening tbh. I don’t think it’s preforming like Mario at this point. Or even Barbie. I think 140m is more likely on the high end.Β 
Β 

also my favorite Pixar movie is Finding Nemo and my second favorite is Inside Out.Β 

Edited by AnthonyJPHer

33 minutes ago, Eric S'ennui said:

Big Hero 6 has the vibes where it was a big hit when it came out, but I never see anybody talking about it anymore. Like all the other Revival movies have people still making references to it, toys being sold, rumblings online. But I think the last time I ever saw somebody talk about Big Hero 6 out there in the wild was probably like...7 years ago? Guess part of it is just that Marvel fans have bigger, more exciting things to gush over? I dunno.

It was a world in Kingdom Hearts III back in 2019. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

On 6/13/2024 at 3:48 PM, Firepower said:

But I was told tickets were too expensive, families going to a movie theater will bankrupt them??

Β 

For some families, this might be the only movie they go see this year much less the month.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AniNate said:

People really lapped up that $10 credit promo, seems you can't get it anymore

Β 

Supposed to last 6 weeks - lasted 2 days.

Β 

Yeah, families are jonesing for movie deals...heck, individuals are, too (it was a WAY better deal if you were only buying 1 ticket - lots of folks could go free or almost free)...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Β 

For some families, this might be the only movie they go see this year much less the month.

Β 

Dm4 will also be huge. It’s not like every kids movie did huge numbers all the timeΒ 

4 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Β 

Β 

Yeah, families are jonesing for movie deals...heck, individuals are, too (it was a WAY better deal if you were only buying 1 ticket - lots of folks could go free or almost free)...

Was the deal specifically for Disney+ subscribers? That’s an effective way to reinvigorate a family audience that may at least have partially traded theaters for streaming.Β 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Β 

Β 

Why the studios and chains can not figure this out is beyond me. Look at Tuesday discount days. It's the best day of the work week. Maybe just maybe lowering prices would increase traffic and offset the lower prices. The theaters would love it because of the concession money being made.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

Was the deal specifically for Disney+ subscribers? That’s an effective way to reinvigorate a family audience that may at least have partially traded theaters for streaming.Β 

Β 

Yes.Β  And there are a ton of them in the US.

Β 

I was gonna use it since the son is now bugging me to go (see, cascade effect - you have to build a level of kid interest for movies to have them just start rolling downhill and bringing in the big bucks...

Β 

KFP4 did it with free tickets for Comcast subscribers...Garfield and If did nothing...Disney did almost free tickets for D+ subs...see how the 4 "blockbuster" kid movies have done this year...

• Like 1

This is based purely on vibes, just checking in on shows and how many they've sold, but I think this Friday will be really big for Inside Out 2. Maybe even a true Friday of $45 million? That plus previews is $58 million. Toy Story 4 had a true Friday of $35 million. Incredibles 2 hadΒ  a true Friday of $53 million. πŸ€”

Edited by cannastop
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Why the studios and chains can not figure this out is beyond me. Look at Tuesday discount days. It's the best day of the work week. Maybe just maybe lowering prices would increase traffic and offset the lower prices. The theaters would love it because of the concession money being made.

Well, we don't really know how much benefit will really bring the reduction of prices.

Β 

The discount for tickets on deals increase the number of people, but this discount tend to be covered by another company. So, the box office shows the increase of people, but not really the reduction of price.

Just now, Menor the Destroyer said:

Holy shit looks like I was kind of right.Β 

Β 

At leastΒ $56MΒ is in the bank today including last night’s $13M. Sources tell me that there’s a huge turnout by Hispanic and Latino moviegoers in walk-ups, hence the big business.

Β 

That's a true Friday of $43 million and the day isn't done.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 4

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Β 

At leastΒ $56MΒ is in the bank today including last night’s $13M. Sources tell me that there’s a huge turnout by Hispanic and Latino moviegoers in walk-ups, hence the big business.

Β 

Β 

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Β 

Β 

Good old Deadline saying it will only do 120-130 off that Thursday/Friday. That would only be 70 or so for saturday and sunday combined.Β