The Wild Eric

INSIDE OUT 2 WEEKEND THREAD | 155M DOM, 140M OS | Summer is back, Disney saves the day! | πŸ˜‚πŸ˜’πŸ˜‘πŸ€’πŸ˜±πŸ˜°πŸ˜’πŸ₯±πŸ˜³

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Let’s see ifΒ The Bikeriders, Kinds of Kindness and The Exorcism can keep this momentum going next weekend.Β 
Β 

(I kid)Β 

Luckily there’ll still be a 100m grossing film over the weekend.Β :ohmygod:

I think part of the reason behind this performance is the time this is being released and not just because of nostalgia. The mental health awareness has become like a trend among Gen Z since COVID, it would be big anyways but adding the Anxiety was a plus for it going viral on TiktokΒ 

4 minutes ago, Mickiland16 said:

I think part of the reason behind this performance is the time this is being released and not just because of nostalgia. The mental health awareness has become like a trend among Gen Z since COVID, it would be big anyways but adding the Anxiety was a plus for it going viral on TiktokΒ 

Β 

Yeah the IP has definitely been well timed to how much "mental health" has entered the cultural zeitgeistΒ 

• Like 1

The numbers outside the US are where it gets really interesting. Toy Story 3 is still the biggest Pixar film internationally and for a while there, it did seem like the ceiling, with Dory, Incredibles and TS4 coming in lower. Now it does look like Inside Out 2 will be challenging that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

The numbers outside the US are where it gets really interesting. Toy Story 3 is still the biggest Pixar film internationally and for a while there, it did seem like the ceiling, with Dory, Incredibles and TS4 coming in lower. Now it does look like Inside Out 2 will be challenging that.

Toy Story 3 was also released in a time of a very weak dollar, which increased US Dollar revenues worldwide. The dollar is stronger now but who knows what Inside Out 2 will do.

Edited by cannastop
  • Like 1

How did we get to β€˜what if Gladiator has a trailer with rap on it?’

Β 

A teaser for Gladiator II is an easy slam dunk just playing the Zimmer theme from the first. Β That is what it will be.Β 

Kinda out of topic and it's too early but I'm curious, how big do you guys expect Toy Story 5 to be now? I think it could increase from TS4 if nostalgia is played one last time (adult Andy?)Β 

2 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

How did we get to β€˜what if Gladiator has a trailer with rap on it?’

Β 

A teaser for Gladiator II is an easy slam dunk just playing the Zimmer theme from the first. Β That is what it will be.Β 

I believe the cinemacon footage was scored to No Church in the Wild.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mickiland16 said:

Kinda out of topic and it's too early but I'm curious, how big do you guys expect Toy Story 5 to be now? I think it could increase from TS4 if nostalgia is played one last time (adult Andy?)Β 

I don't really know. My guess is that it makes a billion yet again. Boring, I know.

Do feel if Dragon moves, that Elio could be a nice little hit if reception is great. Not like a Inside Out but a $225m domestic/$550m WW hit

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Moana 2/Zootopia 2/Toy Story 5/Frozen 3 are all going to be massive. Disney be like "you were saying?" to their doubters.

yep and those are all sequels. yay

Β 

I was once a Zootopia fanatic but I'm not so much anymore. But I guess I'll see the sequel w/e

When Frozen 3 release, the first one will be as old as Finding Nemo when Dory came out...If they play their cards right it could break The Incredibles 2 record I believe (unless IO2 does it first 🀞) 

3 minutes ago, YM! said:

Do feel if Dragon moves, that Elio could be a nice little hit if reception is great. Not like a Inside Out but a $225m domestic/$550m WW hit

when's the last time two movies that are direct competitors released on the same day? πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Β 

They moved Wild Robot because of that.

Yeah use a fucking Kanye track on Gladiator 2 trailers, I'm sure that'll solve Paramount's financial woes. Why don't you just CG Elon into ancient Rome and have him do donuts in the Colosseum in the Cybercuck and yell out ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED at the end while you're at it.

• Haha 1