The Wild Eric

INSIDE OUT 2 WEEKEND THREAD | 155M DOM, 140M OS | Summer is back, Disney saves the day! | πŸ˜‚πŸ˜’πŸ˜‘πŸ€’πŸ˜±πŸ˜°πŸ˜’πŸ₯±πŸ˜³

14 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Did Sunday underperform? I would have expected #s by now telling us it actually hit 160 or something.Β 

Father's Day. IO2 likely dropped 18% on Sun from Sat. The first IO dropped the same percentage.Β 

On 6/15/2024 at 10:37 AM, Speedorito said:

Diversity demos for IO2: 40% Latino/Hispanic, 31% Caucasian, 13% Black, 10% Asian, and 6% Native American/other.

Diversity demos for The Super Mario Bros Movie: 41% Latino/Hispanic, 30% Caucasian, 15% Black, and 14% Asian/Other

Β 

This is going to be massive

Β 

https://deadline.com/2024/06/box-office-inside-out-2-1235973432/

Β 

having such big Latino percentage an animation-specific thing? did the first one also have similar demos?

On 6/15/2024 at 11:01 AM, HummingLemon496 said:

Assuming 620M DOM = 58M admissions, then it needs around $510-530M DOM to sell more tickets than Avatar 2 domestically. It's going to demolish that number easily. I's gunning for $608M to become the biggest animation domestically.

Β 

surprising how many post-pandemic movies have managed to sell more tickets than avatar 2; kinda disappointingΒ 

• ...wtf 1

32 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Father's Day. IO2 likely dropped 18% on Sun from Sat. The first IO dropped the same percentage.Β 

Yeah the current Sunday estimate seems right. Don't think it'll be a typical lowballed Sunday.

Regarding diversity demos for animated movies, I think that has to do with younger audiences just generally being more diverse.

Β 

I think childbirths in the US to white people is around 51%, the remaining 49% is to other minority groups.

Β 

Β This obviously doesn't account for the huge Hispanic/Latino audience for IO2, just that movies that skew younger will likely see more diverse audience breakdown.

Edited by Deathlife

32 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Any sunday updates?

Estimate for BB4 increased to 33.76, so it clearly had a stronger Sunday hold than even the studio was expecting. If the new estimate holds, it’s a +8% increase from Saturday.Β 

• Astonished 1

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

This bodes well for Iger's next set of Pixar sequels.

Β 

As for Disney Animation, I wonder how Moana 2 will do. The original was really popular on Disney+.

It is STILL really popular on D+.

• Like 2