kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [Jun 17-20, 2024] | Thursday | 19.63M INSIDE OUT II | 2.85M BAD BOYS: RIDE OR DIE

11 minutes ago, Agafin said:

I don't think it makes $20m on Thursday, why would its Thursday almost match Monday?

Well, maybe it won't. I don't see Thursdays as necessarily THAT much lower than Mondays. Though maybe the opening week is different.

One example I can think of is Elemental's June 26th Monday, which was $2.64m and its June 29th Thursday which was $2.46m. That's a difference of 6.8%, in Monday's favor.

So let's generously say that Thursday might be 10% lower than Monday's $21 million. That's a Thursday of $18.9m. $90m 2nd weekend is still in the cards for that. Might be a slight stretch though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Well, maybe it won't. I don't see Thursdays as necessarily THAT much lower than Mondays. Though maybe the opening week is different.

One example I can think of is Elemental's June 26th Monday, which was $2.64m and its June 29th Thursday which was $2.46m. That's a difference of 6.8%, in Monday's favor.

So let's generously say that Thursday might be 10% lower than Monday's $21 million. That's a Thursday of $18.9m. $90m 2nd weekend is still in the cards for that. Might be a slight stretch though.

Well monday comming in at $22.35m will help a lot ;)

• Astonished 1

Keep in mind the first non boosted weekday for IO2 will be Thurs.

Mon and Wed will be boosted Juneteenth days off.

Tues is Discount Tues.

Thurs is the first "normal" day for IO2.

• Like 2

That’s…. That’s amazing. Like bigger than the Lion King’s 19m Monday. Better than Mario as well. And this should have better legs than The Lion King so 540m is locked domestically. Unless its legs get pulled out from under it but… doubtful with an A CinemaScore. 

2nd weekend at the worst will be 80m, it will be at least at 320m by Sunday. Also, there’s a chance it holds well enough to prevent AQP D1 from debuting at #1

21 minutes ago, Unfitclock said:

Is it just me or is the bad boys number a little weak?

Only if you are comparing the drop from Sunday without any context. It's a dramatically inflated Sunday so the Monday (-75%) seems much worse.  Week to week it's about -46% so it's fine. 

• Like 1