kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [June 28-30, 2024] | Actuals | 57.52M INSIDE OUT II | 52.20M AQP: DAY ONE | 11.05M HORIZON: AAS - CHAPTER 1

3 hours ago, TomThomas said:

Fly Me To The Moon has strong "who gives a shit" vibes, I'm sure it'll do great.

This movie is not really geared towards younger audiences which is where these vibes likely originate. However, this film is for older audiences, those looking for a rom com alternative and ScarJo fans. I’m not saying it will break out but it certainly can’t be as big a box office disappointment as Furiosa, though.

24 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

This movie is not really geared towards younger audiences which is where these vibes likely originate. However, this film is for older audiences, those looking for a rom com alternative and ScarJo fans. I’m not saying it will break out but it certainly can’t be as big a box office disappointment as Furiosa, though.

Budget is much lower at least.

Fly Me to the Moon likely has a massive budget being both a period piece and an Apple original getting a glorified qualifying run (meaning everyone was paid upfront). At least $100M for sure and probably more if something like Argylle cost $200M to make.

Edited by filmlover

Elio is not bombing. Its not going to be a blockbuster but with a long theatrical cycle, I expect Adult fan base to come back and it will have a good run like any Original did pre COVID. It definitely is not bombing enough to take away the WIN from IO2. That would take at least 3-4 bombs and that aint happening. They have a strong backlog of movies. 

Sadly the ones fired are not getting rehired for sure. I expect Pixar to get more efficient in this AI era. Somethings that would require 200 folks to do it would probably be done with 100. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Elio is not bombing. Its not going to be a blockbuster but with a long theatrical cycle, I expect Adult fan base to come back and it will have a good run like any Original did pre COVID. It definitely is not bombing enough to take away the WIN from IO2. That would take at least 3-4 bombs and that aint happening. They have a strong backlog of movies. 

Sadly the ones fired are not getting rehired for sure. I expect Pixar to get more efficient in this AI era. Somethings that would require 200 folks to do it would probably be done with 100. 

Yeah so long as Dragon moves, think Elio should be able to do Brave/Wall-E numbers. The IO2 breakout and Elemental putting in groundwork has set it up nicely.

I really hope Pixar doesn’t use AI from not just an artistic point of view but for sake of workers. I don’t expect them to use generative AI, at absolute worst it’ll be something like Elemental’s fire effects iirc but I’m sad the employees got fired for what was essentially the fault of Chapek and Iger in sending the Pixar plus trio to the Plus devaluing the brand.

Many have already found new work I imagine. If anyone did get rehired I don't think Pixar would want to make a huge public deal of it. It's still bad optics if they reverse course just because their latest movie did huge at the box office.

Edited by AniNate

24 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I generally expect Elio to make $500m ww, similar to Elemental but more front loaded.

I don't know how Pixar incorporates AI, if they do. They're known for doing things bespoke