kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [June 28-30, 2024] | Estimates | 57.4M INSIDE OUT II | 53.0M AQP: DAY ONE | 11.0M HORIZON: AAS - CHAPTER 1

38 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

I would disagree with the last thing you said because look at Dune: Part Two. That movie doesn't have a whole lot of action, but it got an A from Cinemascore. That's a higher rating than more traditional big action films this year like GodIlla x Kong and The Fall Guy. 

Maybe it's just different audiences going to each movie and what they expect to see versus what they don't get, but it's still pretty strange nonetheless.

I mean yeah, but I guess I was just rationalizing. I just got out of Quiet Place, expected something super artsy or off-brand, and I really didn't. Just seemed weird, though I guess part of it is also that it doesn't have the characters people know and love from the other two, which I do kind of understand if that's some gripes.

5 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

The new apes was not particularly good, as a fan of the franchise. Like, it was definitely the worst of the modern apes as far as I'm concerned.

Well yeah. I agree it's the worst of the modern series. But I didn't think it was bad. It gave me what I wanted, and I was satisfied with it. Though I do hope they get another director on board for the next one, which I'm assuming is going to be the case.

7 minutes ago, AniNate said:

PM Update

https://deadline.com/2024/06/box-office-a-quiet-place-day-one-horizon-1235985586/

IO2 60

AQP 48.5

Horizon 12-13

BB4 11

Kalki 6.5 3-day

Good for IO2, better than i anticipated after Thursday numbers , same for Horizon if it's holds ( personnally i think Deadline is too optimistic) . Clearly , AQP is underestimated , for me with Thursday Previews , i anticipated over 50M , mid 50's. Good for Indian movie.

10 minutes ago, Jiffy said:

Will be nice if IO2 manages to snatch the animated 3rd weekend record from SMB.

No doubt its 4th weekend record will be out of reach with DM4 looming.

Idk, this movie has been out performing even the most optimistic projections. Never say never got that 4th weekend record.

31 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

AQP seems quite low, but it’s very early so i’ll wait

Not that 48 would be bad either 

Well, I've remember the tracking for Friday didn't seem so great compared to the previews.

That said, it's still too early.