Eric Deetz

Fourth of July/Despicable Me 4 Weekend Thread | 122.61M 5-Day Opening

Great weekend for DM4

Nice weekend for IO2 performed way above my expectations 

On that note absolutely astonishing performance of IO2 overseas. 1.4b seems reachable now. Maybe close to 1.5b. Wow

26 minutes ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

This made me laugh when I saw it on Twitter. You see Maxxxine yet, bb?

Hoping to see it in the next couple days. Right now I'm ruminating on what movie I want to see today on my day off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eric the Minion said:

Hoping to see it in the next couple days. Right now I'm ruminating on what movie I want to see today on my day off.

Awe! I hope you enjoy the day off.

I'm debating when I should watch The Force Awakens & The Last Jedi. I don't fuck with the new ones too much, but I wanna see Carrie again. ❤️

Just now, Eric the Minion said:

Oof. What the hell happened here?

Niche audience that rushed out instantly with zero appeal outside that demo. Will definitely end up the biggest in the franchise by a decent amount though, as low of a ceiling as that may be.

• Like 6

-60% for A Quiet Place Day One. At least it’ll comfortably pass $100m during this week. 

Hope Longlegs doesn’t do sub $10m next weekend, horror has had enough of those openings in 2024. 

• Like 3

Just now, Krissykins said:

-60% for A Quiet Place Day One. At least it’ll comfortably pass $100m during this week. 

Hope Longlegs doesn’t do sub $10m next weekend, horror has had enough of those openings in 2024. 

Longlegs is actually selling pretty well near me. Given that Neon's only $20M+ grossers are Parasite and I Tonya, entering the top 3 would be a pretty huge achievement for them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Quiet Place hold is fine, better than part 2 both by percentage and nominal amount

It’s not a horrible drop but Part 2 came out during Covid and had a new Conjuring film release in its second weekend as direct competition.

Also Part 2 dropped 59%, not 60%. Unless The Numbers messed up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Longlegs is actually selling pretty well near me. Given that Neon's only $20M+ grossers are Parasite and I Tonya, entering the top 3 would be a pretty huge achievement for them.

Unless there is a massive difference between how audiences react to it as supposed to critics, Longlegs should open to higher than $10M. Literally every single review I've seen for it so far has been positive and it's selling amazingly in my area. 

I'm gonna stay cautious especially after what happened with MaXXXine this weekend, but I have more faith in this one breaking out.

8 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

EmpireCity called me mentally ill on Twitter, I responded but then realized I didn't want him and his right wing union busting reply guy worshipers knowing my real name so I deleted it. Anyway, I just want to say it now - my opposition to endless sequels and IP content will go out the window if they ever get around to making Heat 2.

It’s absurd to me how he keeps posting about this forum in a weekly basis despite not being here for many months now. 

And he’a always posting prints harassing specific members. I know pretty much everyone uses fake accounts but this is on the verge of cyber crime, something should be done about his behavior.

3 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

It’s not a horrible drop but Part 2 came out during Covid and had a new Conjuring film release in its second weekend as direct competition.

Also Part 2 dropped 59%, not 60%. Unless The Numbers messed up.

From true Friday, Day One dropped 53.7% compared to Part 2's 54.6%

Longlegs sales are very strong, the limited amount of showtimes and screens seems to the biggest issue for it now tbh. 

Let’s hope it gets more room to sell during this week, because there’s probably potential for a 15-20M OW if the distribution ended up being good.

• Like 1