Eric the Marxist

Spoilers | Deadpool & Wolverine (2024) Spoiler Thread

Deadpool & Wolverine (2024)  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What'd You Think?

2 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Deadpool is this kind of character and he  can get away with more silly and wacky concepts

She-Hulk is quite literally the same thing fundamentally in both the comics and show. In fact, the twerking made more sense given the plot of Megan being a client.

Edited by YM!
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, YM! said:

She-Hulk is quite literally the same thing fundamentally in both the comics and show. In fact, the twerking made more sense given the plot of Megan being a client.

still pointless scene.

Bye Bye is not. 

I clearly pointed out on the execution element . Deadpool is miles  better.

4 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

still pointless scene.

Bye Bye is not. 

I clearly pointed out on the execution element . Deadpool is miles  better.

You could just do an opening action scene in D&W, he didn't need to dance either. In fact, they ditched the previous bit of the opening credits making fun of opening credits. Imho execution is about the same for both with little to no difference.

Edited by YM!

Just like Christopher Reeve forever changed Superman and RDJ forever changed Iron Man, I think it’s fair and an understatement to say that comic book accurate Wolverine will never happen in live action.

It looks silly, and at this point just own it in the comics as well.

Wolverine isn’t a short stocky dude. Deal with it.

Edited by ZattMurdock

One thing I thought was nice was the decision to bringing Weslep Snipes back, despite the fact he supposedly couldn't stand Ryan Reynolds when they worked together in the past.  Reynolds seems like a great guy behind the camera so it's amazing to see the turnaround his career has taken 2016

2 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Just like Christopher Reeve forever changed Superman and RDJ forever changed Iron Man, I think it’s fair and an understatement to say that comic book accurate Wolverine will never happen in live action.

It looks silly, and at this point just own it in the comics as well.

Wolverine isn’t a short stocky dude. Deal with it.

These scenes made me really want a Cavil Wolverine

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

That the fight broke out during the "I'm With You" needle drop is hilariously fitting. :lol:

Brazilian women are just the best. Just bravo, amazing 10/10 no notes hopefully I get a fight like that on my next screening too,

Okay hear me out @Cap:

TVA, a Disney+ series. The Office meets True Detective and X-Files.

Captain Carter, Sylvie, Mobius, O.B., B-15, Tatum’s Gambit, Snipes Blade, Garner’s Elektra. X-23 is out because she will be with the Young Avengers. Cut the check.

• Like 1

I just watched a Tik Tok video from a used car dealership that was selling a “Deadpool Approved” Honda Odyssey with “Like a Prayer” serving as the audio for the vid. The movie is seeping into mainstream life.

• Haha 2

The more I think about this movie, the more I'm happy this was more of a FoXmen movies send-off than a MCU movie.

As someone who was one of the biggest X-Men movies fan around (who else watched Apocalypse in the movie theater twice?), I'm so glad they got such a nice send-off, truly deserved.

The behind-the-scene reels for FOX superheroes' movies playing with the end credits honestly felt so nice to me.

• Like 2

On 7/28/2024 at 6:46 PM, emoviefan said:

This movie is so dam fun. That is all it needed to be. I was probably laughing the hardest during the Tatum Gambit stuff. Thank God we did not get that movie . Also the little Wolverine in the first of the multiverses he tours trying to find the right one. Yeah Emma Corrin did not have much to work with but still did a good job with the material given to them. Of the 3 movies it would go 2,  this, and then the first one for me.  The action is good but nothing beats Leitch's work on 2. 

I am convinced that Tatum was told to have a really bad, fake, Cajun accent for comedy purposes.

I really loved this film.

My own favorites are

The Cavill Cameo "We will treat you better then that other company did"......

The kidding of Jackman over his other career as a Musical COmedy star...Deadpool's "This guy could sink the second act of the Music Man" and the use of theme from "The Greatest Showman"( not a great song or great musical but made for a good jokel

And they actually poked fun at the MCU having a tough time since Endgame.

Nice farewell to the FOx era Marvel movies, though I am not so sure we are completly through with every chatecter from them....Wol ie will be back, and the spent so much time developing X 23 I think will see more of her.

9 hours ago, YM! said:

Difference is that the fourt wall breaking stuff in the TV show was badly executed.

Beleive me, it was better in the COmics.

The poor actrees playing Jennifer/She Hulk was doing the best she could with not all that great writing.

• Like 1