Eric Prime

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE WEEKEND THREAD | 211 DOM, 233.1 OS, 444.1 WW | Disney does it again!

1 minute ago, Grand Cine said:

Ouch very bad increase for Thu/Fri , just only half of the increase last week.

It also had the best Thursday hold of its run yesterday. Probably benefited from preview spillover as well

7 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Can’t see this missing 200M with this great WOM, presales for SAT already seems stronger than for FRI. 

I think 210-215M is more likely at this point than sub 200. 

If Deadpool is doing 210-215 I think Venom can eek past 100

1 minute ago, HummingLemon496 said:

If Deadpool is doing 210-215 I think Venom can eek past 100

I think it will. People genuinely like these Venom movies, they don’t have to watch anything else to watch this one, and the trailer looks cool (the Venom horse was a huge viral). 

DM4 also had a really good Wednesday hold though so I'm wondering if it's also people getting last licks in before school starts in some districts maybe? But in any case it's only down 41% from the last Friday so don't think there's anything to be read from the change from Thursday

3 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

So ate Deadpool (OW) and Twisters (2ndW) as #1 and #2 combined gonna topple Barbie (OW) and Oppenheimer (OW) #1 and #2 combined? Be pretty crazy if they do just one hear later.

How is Twisters a part of this conversation? It made only $10 million Friday to Deadpool's ~55 million true Friday. Whereas Barbie and Oppenheimer were both coexisting really well.

Edited by MysteryMovieMogul
  • ...wtf 1

4 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I think it will. People genuinely like these Venom movies, they don’t have to watch anything else to watch this one, and the trailer looks cool (the Venom horse was a huge viral). 

Venom is quite popular in China as well 

That's amazing for Deadpool & Wolverine. Honestly August doesn't look bad at all with all the money D&W and Twisters will still be making, holdovers and,  of course Trap, It Ends With Us and Alien: Romulus, which all look like they are going to overperform 

• Like 1