Eric Prime

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE WEEKEND THREAD | 211 DOM, 233.1 OS, 444.1 WW | Disney does it again!

Included Sony stuff because why not

A+

Guardians Vol 3

A

X-Men 97

A-

Shang-Chi

Deadpool

Venom 2

Loki S1

B

Multiversus of Madness

Wakanda Forever

No Way Home

She-Hulk

Hawkeye

C

The Marvels

Eternals

Moon Knight

Wandavision

What If S1

D

Black Widow

Across the Spider-Verse

Falcon and Winter Soldier

F

Love and Thunder

Quantumania

Morbius

Madame Web

Secret Invasion

46 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Ngl it’s really weird how obsessed some of y’all are with “filmbros” who you say don’t matter or don’t have any impact on real life. Like yeah they’re annoying but just mute them.

Yes. It's weird. I liked DP&W enough and super glad looks like it'll have strong CBM legs. RT added essentially bloggers to drown them out. They have no impact on box office for movies like this one. Audience reception strong and overall critic reception generally positive. Odd to harp on it.

I’ll keep it simple. 

GOOD:

Shang Chi, Gvol3, Gaurdians holiday special, NWH, Loki, Werewolf by Night, Eternals, What If

Everything else is mid to bad 

Haven’t seen:

D&W - seeing it tomorrow

Wakanda Forever
Ms Marvel

She Hulk - watched the first episode. 
X-Men 97

40 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

62M SAT would be quite good. 210M weekend if it holds. 

It should do +500M DOM quite easily, good comeback for Marvel.

I'd even say early WOM points to 550M~ DOM.

More or less agree with you. It's fun. I like that it feels like a lesser but still good mega budget superhero movie by way of 80s Mel Brooks.

It looks... Ugly. That's Levy though. 

Box office wise it's a very safe R stateside so that should help legs too. Parents won't mind preteens and teens seeing it.

Very happy fir the box office. Hope it legs it to 600M DOM somehow.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Deadpool is fine 

All the Disney / Fox / Marvel jokes are awful. Didn’t really like the many scenes with “homo behavior” used as punchlines as well. Shawn Levy is a bad director. A lot of the plot is useless, it’s very weirdly structured.

That said, Ryan is always great in the character, really love Hugh. Their dynamics works very well, and the climax is really fun to watch. Also liked a lot the cartoonish physicals gags and violence, it feels the right tone for a comic book adaptation.

3/5 for me, fun time at the theater.

This is a pretty spot on review as to how I felt as well. I know why this is gonna make a lot of money as it’s a crowd pleaser but I don’t have any interest in watching it again. 

• Like 1

5 Stars = Spider-Man: No Way Home, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

4.5 Stars = Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, Deadpool and Wolverine

4 Stars = Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

3.5 Stars = Black Widow, Thor: Love and Thunder

3 Stars = Eternals, Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, The Marvels

NOTE: Some of these have changed overtime (Quantumania would definitely be lower than 3 stars now), but I'm going by my Letterboxd ratings for all of them. 

Only Shang Chi, No Way Home, Multiverse of Madness, Guardians 3, and D&W have I seen more than once. 

Edited by Ryan C

Here's hoping that Deadline puts out a Saturday PM report, but nevertheless, Deadpool and Wolverine is now practically guaranteed for a $200M+ opening weekend. 

I'm so happy that what I hoped this movie would do (at least since the first trailer came out) has finally become a reality and gives Marvel a much needed win after everything that happened within the past year. 

It might not "save" the MCU, but it's definitely a start to hopefully gain some goodwill back from audiences. Just the fact that there's gonna be another long gap between this and the next MCU movie is definitely a positive thing.

Edited by Ryan C

IDK why people thought RDJ would not return to MCU. It’s obvious that once they  bring a dumptruck full of money to his house, he would agree.

If Hugh Jackman would come back after Logan, RDJ would too.

Just now, Bob Train said:

IDK why people thought RDJ would not return to MCU. It’s obvious that once they  bring a dumptruck full of money to his house, he would agree.

If Hugh Jackman would come back after Logan, RDJ would too.

Yeah, but this is different. 

He's not playing Iron Man, but freaking Doctor Doom! I would be way more pissed off if this was him playing a character that already got his perfect ending. As someone who considers Avengers: Endgame my favorite MCU film, it would be a huge slap in the face for me.

Thankfully, it isn't.