kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [Jul 29 - Aug 01, 2024] | Wednesday | 18.05M DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 3.89M TWISTERS | 2.39M DESPICABLE ME IV | 1.37M INSIDE OUT II

3 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

On June 8th I said this:

We've since added 3 of my predicted 9. Twisters is probably getting there, so that's 4/9.

The rest of the contenders:
Beetlejuice Beetlejuice

The Wild Robot

Joker: Folie a Deux

Gladiator 2

Moana 2

Wicked

Mufasa: The Lion King

Sonic the Hedgehog 3

So 5 of those 8 need to hit to get 9.

I think TRANSFORMERS ONE might help as well. Not 200M of course, but it'll help.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I think TRANSFORMERS ONE might help as well. Not 200M of course, but it'll help.

Oh I'm sure there will be at least one off my list that does great. Can't wait to see which!

• Like 1

What's going on with The-Numbers? Half the time I can't get the site to load (too many connection error) and when it does load, it's very slow and takes ages for a page to fully load.

2 hours ago, Nero said:

Never again? Bro we have Spidey to come n next Avengers. I won't be surprised if fantastic four or some other movie breaks out in between 

I have very high hopes for Fantastic Four, I think it'll click with audiences based on that leaked trailer 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, wattage said:

I have very high hopes for Fantastic Four, I think it'll click with audiences based on that leaked trailer 

So is Deadpool and Wolverine going to make an appearance in a fantastic four?

2 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

This the producers of The Trap seeing these numbers. Deadpool is likely gonna make it a complete afterthought unfortunately. Hope I'm wrong.

Trap appeals more to horror crowd, i doubt a CBM movie will have much effect, even a Rated R one. 

It’s selling very well, if it disappoints i’ll bet more in a potential bad reception hurting it than competition imo.

55 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

And for some reason, I really want NOSFERATU to do well. I've said this before, I think the release date is perfect. :hahaha:

Focus just needs to nail the marketing to open well. It it opens with 20-25M, Christmas calendar will do the rest and push it to a pretty high total

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Focus just needs to nail the marketing to open well. It it opens with 20-25M, Christmas calendar will do the rest and push it to a pretty high total

The first trailer on the main channel now has over 12M views. That more than doubles what ABIGAIL's trailer did. I think the only one with more views among horror/thriller movies this year is A QUIET PLACE: DAY ONE. It's not a perfect indicator of course, but you know the interest is there or at least it was able to generate some.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

The first trailer on the main channel now has over 12M views. That more than doubles what ABIGAIL's trailer did. I think the only one with more views among horror/thriller movies this year is A QUIET PLACE: DAY ONE. It's not a perfect indicator of course, but you know the interest is there or at least it was able to generate some.

Twitter and TikTok was very engaged with the trailer as well in the week it dropped. 

It’s not a highly popular IP, but it’s an IP anyway, it should help to open better than something like The Northman. 

Really hoping Eggers succeed, great artist 

• Like 1

@baumer While I'd love to join your under 50% drop, you really need to drop the previews out of your calculations first :) I'd take your call a win with anything over 86.5m which would be roughly 50% from the TFriday-Sunday. Not that you don't know that one old timer to another. 

• Like 2