kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [Aug 02 - Aug 04, 2024] | Actuals | 96.81M DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 22.80M TWISTERS | 15.45M TRAP

2 hours ago, Alexandros said:

On the topic of The Marvels flopping, I think a big part of it was that audiences were done with excessive silliness after Love and Thunder and Quantumania. Many kids that grew up watching the MCU are now adults and want those films to be more serious, kinda like the issue Star Wars has. Deadpool and Wolverine is funny but it is adult funny. The Marvels is funny but it is kids funny. I think Marvel Studios should be careful not to go too far in either direction and they should also adjust their release schedule so that they don't overwhelm audiences with too many lighthearted films or more serious films in a row.

Have you seen the opening credits sequence of this movie?

Edited by eddyxx

2 hours ago, Alexandros said:

On the topic of The Marvels flopping, I think a big part of it was that audiences were done with excessive silliness after Love and Thunder and Quantumania. Many kids that grew up watching the MCU are now adults and want those films to be more serious, kinda like the issue Star Wars has. Deadpool and Wolverine is funny but it is adult funny. The Marvels is funny but it is kids funny. I think Marvel Studios should be careful not to go too far in either direction and they should also adjust their release schedule so that they don't overwhelm audiences with too many lighthearted films or more serious films in a row.

I always knew R rating was the way to go. Deadpool making the money it's making was no surprise to me at all. Even a 2 year old watching Iron Man in 2008 is over 18 today. A good R rated Avengers movie would have no problem making Infinity war money

The Marvels got greedy and tried attracting a much younger, disinterested audience we knew didn't care for Marvel after the unsuccessful Ms Marvel, yet they continued down that path anyway.

50 minutes ago, Jaxon5 said:

I always knew R rating was the way to go. Deadpool making the money it's making was no surprise to me at all. Even a 2 year old watching Iron Man in 2008 is over 18 today. A good R rated Avengers movie would have no problem making Infinity war money

The Marvels got greedy and tried attracting a much younger, disinterested audience we knew didn't care for Marvel after the unsuccessful Ms Marvel, yet they continued down that path anyway.

The Marvels was already done filming by the time Ms Marvel came out and massively underperformed. The hubris there is unreal.

2 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

The Marvels was already done filming by the time Ms Marvel came out and massively underperformed. The hubris there is unreal.

Yeah they were overly confident. Surprised they didn't make any adjustments at the very least when Ms Marvel released. They could have advertised her as a side character rather than a main lead and just marketing the film as Captain Marvel 2. 

I always told it should have been Captain Marvel 2 not the Marvels. 

Kevim Feige got greedy , he thought he can make female superhero team up without any build up and to no surprise he failed. 

And now he just blamed it on diversity and back to his usual films. Never trust Hollywood

They kind of just botched the Captain Marvel and her corner of the MCU in general. I enjoy The Marvels, more than the first film, it's still not a good follow-up. Huge waste of storylines/lore. Could have still been a silly romp/team-up (yes, with Monica and Kamala) whilst also more properly following through all the set-up. Would have been ten times more compelling if the Skrulls had their own conflict with Carol and part of it was Secret Invasion-influenced. It will be a shame if all we get out of SI is that god awful show! Waste of storylines & waste of Carol. They really did not know what to do with her. The audience responded accordingly.

I'm about to say something really controversial..... If your target audience is males, you need to cater to them.

And if you want females to come watch your movies then you'll need to take extra careful steps to develop a story and lead character which females can identify and attach to.

I remember someone said that Thor movies have higher than normal female demo watching them..... I wonder why, Females like Thor but didn't go to watch Marvels.

Just because you make a movie with 3 female leads, automatically won't change the demo, as we saw with Marvels whose majority demo were still males. 

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

Comic Book movies by genre are more for male dominated demographic.

Anyone who've seen these movies in theaters can see the ratio of Males and Females who come to watch them.

It is what it is, and for premium business you need to primarily cater to them.

And work harder to get the other demographic, lazily made slop won't work.

Barbie & Marvels released in same year.

2 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

I'm about to say something really controversial..... If your target audience is males, you need to cater to them.

And if you want females to come watch your movies then you'll need to take extra careful steps to develop a story and lead character which females can identify and attach to.

I remember someone said that Thor movies have higher than normal female demo watching them..... I wonder why, Females like Thor but didn't go to watch Marvels.

Just because you make a movie with 3 female leads, automatically won't change the demo, as we saw with Marvels whose majority demo were still males. 

I was expecting you to say something controversial

1 hour ago, Jaxon5 said:

Yeah they were overly confident. Surprised they didn't make any adjustments at the very least when Ms Marvel released. They could have advertised her as a side character rather than a main lead and just marketing the film as Captain Marvel 2. 

According to that Variety Marvel piece from late last year, they actually did extensively reshoot the movie over the course of that April, to supposedly make the story more coherent. It's tough to say whether or not Ms Marvel's performance itself caused that to be deemed necessary, but the article does blame the arrival of the other titular Marvels muddying the story for that.

24 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Comic Book movies by genre are more for male dominated demographic.

Anyone who've seen these movies in theaters can see the ratio of Males and Females who come to watch them.

It is what it is, and for premium business you need to primarily cater to them.

And work harder to get the other demographic, lazily made slop won't work.

Barbie & Marvels released in same year.

The BP franchise is a great example on how to get women invested. It already had 45% women on the opening of the first film and 48% for Wakanda Forever. All other Multiverse Saga films couldn't even bring 40% women.

6 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

The BP franchise is a great example on how to get women invested. It already had 45% women on the opening of the first film and 48% for Wakanda Forever. All other Multiverse Saga films couldn't even bring 40% women.

If Wonder Woman's 56% female audience taught us anything, it's the importance of romance with a likeable male love interest. Women went crazy for Pine in that movie to the point they actually brought him back from the dead

• Like 1

They didn't even give Captain Marvel any love interest lol

Cause they were afraid and wanted it to be unique for no reason

Captain Marvel will be studied by Film enthusiasts about how to mess it all up

Forever hate Kevin Feige for this. Marvel fanboys are very kind to him