kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [Aug 02 - Aug 04, 2024] | Actuals | 96.81M DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 22.80M TWISTERS | 15.45M TRAP

2 minutes ago, harrisonisdead said:

Any word on Trap's budget? I'd have to imagine it's in the same $20M range as his last couple.

None as of yet, but I'm sure it wasn't any more than $20M. Especially since this was self-financed by Shyamalan himself, I can't imagine he would spend more than what he did for Old and Knock at the Cabin.

Trap trending down from guesstimates... yeah this could end up doing more like 15-16m once we reach actuals on Monday. 

Will be seeing it tonight. :sparta:

Edited by harry713
clarification
  • Like 1

That's a phenomenal hold for Deadpool and wolverine. I wasn't crazy about the Wednesday number but Thursday makes up for it.

• Like 9

As for Trap, as good as Thursday was, there’s still a notion that the Shyamalan fans showed up, and it’s all downhill from there. The hope was for $15M-$20M. Off the immediate critical reviews of 44% Rotten on Rotten Tomatoes (the studio did not screen the film for press) and Screen Engine/Comscore PostTrak exits of 2 1/2 stars and 63%, it doesn’t look like the Josh Hartnett creepy dad movie is going to make it there.

Tracking firm Quorum disagreed earlier this AM, saying, “While awareness has been on the soft side for Trap, interest has been very high. At 54%, Trap has the 6th highest level of interest among all films being tracked by The Quorum, ahead of films like Moana 2, Wicked and Gladiator 2. Projected opening: $20M-$23M.” Whoa.

A few thoughts:

Meh number for Trap. But should be good for 15m+ 

Great number for Deadpool and Wolverine

That’s an extremely solid number for Inside Out 2 (1.3m) and guarantees it staying above 1m until at least Monday and if it holds it could fall below by Wednesday or hell, maybe the Monday after that. Unlikely but this is a stellar hold. 

5 minutes ago, abracadabra1998 said:

Jeez terrible walk-ups for both flicks

Was that just the case in your area? I saw relatively decent walk-ups these past couple of days for Trap and that still pointed towards an opening of at least $20M.

So either M. Night Shyamalan's name (whether the concept is appealing or not) now has a ceiling or Warner Bros. holding back the embargo did have some negative effects on people who were on the fence. 

2 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

Was that just the case in your area? I saw relatively decent walk-ups these past couple of days for Trap and that still pointed towards an opening of at least $20M.

So either M. Night Shyamalan's name (whether the concept is appealing or not) now has a ceiling or Warner Bros. holding back the embargo did have some negative effects on people who were on the fence. 

It's not like the actual reviews would've been any more convincing.

52 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

None as of yet, but I'm sure it wasn't any more than $20M. Especially since this was self-financed by Shyamalan himself, I can't imagine he would spend more than what he did for Old and Knock at the Cabin.

How much did he have to pay for people to watch his daughter perform? Lady Raven. Haha. 

6 minutes ago, Unfitclock said:

Damn both trap and Harold performed way under guesses yesterday maybe the Olympics was more of an effect than people think

I know I personally would prefer to watch a repeat of Simone Biles killing it at home than spend money and drive to a theater for a couple mediocre movies

Just now, ZattMurdock said:

I believe.

If Deadpool and Wolverine is able to do $100M this weekend, then that would instantly make me forget about the already disappointing numbers for Trap and to a lesser extent, Harold and the Purple Crayon (we all knew it wouldn't do well). 

Though as always, take whatever Empire says with an insanely big grain of salt. 

Want to see the actual for IO2 for Thursday. It is going to be very close to SW:TLJ. Either it just passed it yesterday or will today.

Should pass Avengers on Saturday. And then Barbie in about 2 more weeks.

1 minute ago, Ryan C said:

If Deadpool and Wolverine is able to do $100M this weekend, then that would instantly make me forget about the already disappointing numbers for Trap and to a lesser extent, Harold and the Purple Crayon (we all knew it wouldn't do well). 

Han Solo Reaction GIF

15 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

I am not to long here but he seems like a pretty accurate source. He nailed nearly everything this year and called a lot of breakouts early. Any reason for beeing careful with his projections? Just curious :)

• Like 1