AniNate

08/09 WEEKEND: DP&W 53.8, IEWU 50, Borderlands 8.6 ​💣💣💣

10 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Even if Avatar wins in gross, Zootopia 2 is easily winning in admissions. Fwiw Inside Out 2 will finish at 60M admissions which is 25% ahead of Avatar 2's 48M admissions. Avatar 1 (74M) to Avatar 2 (48M) is actually a slightly bigger drop percentage wise than The Force Awakens (90M) to The Last Jedi (59M).

Way of Water only had 48M in admissions?  Where have I seen that before. That;s right the 500 other times you mentioned that. Who the F cares? It still made a F ton of money and so will Avatar: Fire and Ash.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Knock It Off 1

12 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Even if Avatar wins in gross, Zootopia 2 is easily winning in admissions. Fwiw Inside Out 2 will finish at 60M admissions which is 25% ahead of Avatar 2's 48M admissions. Avatar 1 (74M) to Avatar 2 (48M) is actually a slightly bigger drop percentage wise than The Force Awakens (90M) to The Last Jedi (59M).

Do you have to repeat the same Avatar obsessive talking point every two pages? Worried for you. It’s scary. 

• Like 8
  • Knock It Off 1

There’s a reason we don’t bother with admissions or inflation, Hollywood doesn’t either and no one releases the 100% actual numbers regularly. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

There’s a reason we don’t bother with admissions or inflation, Hollywood doesn’t either and no one releases the 100% actual numbers regularly. 

Nah, there’s a reason we do bother with inflation and it’s because it provides a more accurate picture of relative performances. That said there is some estimation error for admits, room to talk about nominal grosses too of course

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Well, I guess we can no longer call Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga the biggest box office bomb of the summer. 

I don't like to wish for a movie to flop, but thank God that a movie that is such a bland studio corporate product will take the name of the biggest flop of the summer (or even of the year) compared to Furiosa (an actual great movie). 

Still, that D+ Cinemascore is hilariously bad and it's only gonna get worse from here. The second Alien: Romulus comes in, it is gonna be done.

Edited by Ryan C
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cooper Legion said:

Nah, there’s a reason we do bother with inflation and it’s because it provides a more accurate picture of relative performances. That said there is some estimation error for admits, room to talk about nominal grosses too of course

Meh. Inflation has too many other factors beyond the ticket price IMO. 

1 hour ago, Assassin said:

gnirwhlcnrhd1.png

Is this going to become a cult classic in 20 years? Troubled production, over the top budget, bad reviews, botched idea etc. It has most of the makings. 

3 hours ago, Cooper Legion said:

15.5 Fri would take dp to 55 wknd 640-670ish in all likelihood. 53 wknd drop those by 5M of course

😅 Inside out made in its full week (second weekdays + third weekend) 113M with a 57.5M weekend. Deadpool should made 95-98M.

Inside out total at the point was 469M so "only" 23-25M less than what deadpool total should be on sunday 

Inside out second thursday  was 18.5m, Deadpool 13.5M.

Good luck with that with Summer ending in a couple of weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

C+ for Cuckoo on CS. Very solid considering what i read about the movie bonkers progression lol 

If it does nearly 2M FRI [with 400k THU], i think it should do 4M OW

Happy for Hunter, definitely good for 1500 theaters

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 4

Just now, ThomasNicole said:

I entered here, read the admissions for Avatar 2 discourse again and i swear, for 10 seconds i was convinced i made a mistake and entered the last weekend thread 

Lol! 

I swear, we don't need to have another debate on why Avatar: The Way of Water making more than $2B was disappointing. 

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

😅 Inside out made in its full week (second weekdays + third weekend) 113M with a 57.5M weekend. Deadpool should made 95-98M.

Inside out total at the point was 469M so "only" 23-25M less than what deadpool total should be on sunday 

Inside out second thursday  was 18.5m, Deadpool 13.5M.

Good luck with that with Summer ending in a couple of weeks. 

Sorry but you really don’t seem to be thinking about this the right way. Movies* only add ~1.5-1.8x or so that 2nd full week (d11-17), so being 13M bigger in that period (DP2 will be 98-100M with a 53-55 wknd) isn’t necessarily enough to make up a 25M deficit. 

Also the 2nd Thursdays were 11.12 vs 9.14, but this is essentially a meaningless observation— IO2s week was about 10x it’s Th vs Deadpool’s being ~11x. Full weeks are the meaningful frame of reference 

*well-received ones, that is.

Edited by Cooper Legion