CJohn

SPECTRE | 11/6/15 | Final Trailer on Page 126! | Twitter reactions coming in, STID 2.0?

That would be Andre The Giant.  :lol:

Not only the biggest but also in the best movie ever featuring a wrestler - The Princess Bride.

All jokes aside, I mean longevity.  The only two right now in the conversation are Rock and Bautista.  

thanks a lot for all your posts

much much appreciated  :wub:

Dan look so precious. So happy that awful Skyfall haircut is gone!

lmao He's like kid in a candy store on that boat. :lol:  

not gonna read any spoilers :ph34r:

Edited by Lady of Lorien

He's gonna be too old for it once Craig is done with it 

Craig has another movie left so a best case scenario is a new Bond in like 5 years and by then Idris will be 47 or older 

The golden rule for a new Bond is to pick an actor who has just turned 40 or is about to soon in order to have him in his 'golden 40's' for the few movies he has to make 

Look for the next Bond to be in 32-36 age ratio now 

That is unless Spectre flops and they drop Craig which ofc won't happen 

Its too bad IMO Elba would be a great Bond but its not gonna happen 

• Like 4

I think Elba's looks will hold up fine into his 50s. I would still want him as Bond after Craig. In terms of charisma and action and romance a 50 year old Elba would be fine imo.

Lets be honest, the Bond girls are always half the actors age anyway, having a 30 year old bond girl with Elba is no different to having a 25 year old with Craig.

It'll be up to the Broccolis who the next Bond is, Sony don't have that much control over Bond aside from distributing and funding it and they only get 25% of the profits as the remaining 75% goes to MGM and EON. I imagine Sony will want to remain part of the franchise though unless MGM and EON want to go with another studio, 

I imagine someone like Dan Stevens would be considered, he's 32 now so he'll be old enough to play the role in 5/6 years time although it depends on how much of a break they'll take between the last Craig Bond film and the first new Bond film. 

• Like 2

It'll be up to the Broccolis who the next Bond is, Sony don't have that much control over Bond aside from distributing and funding it and they only get 25% of the profits as the remaining 75% goes to MGM and EON. I imagine Sony will want to remain part of the franchise though unless MGM and EON want to go with another studio,

I imagine someone like Dan Stevens would be considered, he's 32 now so he'll be old enough to play the role in 5/6 years time although it depends on how much of a break they'll take between the last Craig Bond film and the first new Bond film.

Dan Stevens? Please god no. I dont think he has the bond factor at all.

• Like 1

Dan Stevens? Please god no. I dont think he has the bond factor at all.

He was very good in The Guest which was a very different role to what he's done before. It's quite hard to see at the moment who could be Bond who is up and coming but hasn't already been tied to a franchise already. Henry Cavill auditioned and I think in the top three but his age was a factor as he was only in his 20s. 

• Like 1

He was very good in The Guest which was a very different role to what he's done before. It's quite hard to see at the moment who could be Bond who is up and coming but hasn't already been tied to a franchise already. Henry Cavill auditioned and I think in the top three but his age was a factor as he was only in his 20s.

Wow, if Cavill got Bond and Superman that would be a almighty coup fpr him. I do think these roles should be given to actors who can define the role though. So while I dont like the idea of him, someone like stevens who hasnt had a huge breakthrough movie would be preferable to Cavill who has superman already.

Another reason why I like elba for it as he's been in quite a few hit movies now but hasn't had that big commercial hit as the leading man.

• Like 1

Wow, if Cavill got Bond and Superman that would be a almighty coup fpr him. I do think these roles should be given to actors who can define the role though. So while I dont like the idea of him, someone like stevens who hasnt had a huge breakthrough movie would be preferable to Cavill who has superman already.

Another reason why I like elba for it as he's been in quite a few hit movies now but hasn't had that big commercial hit as the leading man.

I still think Idris Elba is unlikely because the producers of Bond while they do shake things up with each incarnation, they are not going to go that far in terms of casting. 

• Like 1

Well, I think if Cavill had been Bond, he wouldn't have been free to do Superman. I've always thought Elba would just be too old for what TPTB usually want in a new Bond, by the time Craig finishes his run. And please no to Dan Stevens.

The guy I want to see as Bond is Nicholas Hoult. He would be Bond in his 30s if Craig does a fifth movie. I think he has a look (slightly weird with an intensity about him) that would give him an edge as Bond. In the Jaguar commercials in which he plays a Q-type of character, I actually think he is a step nearer to what could be an interesting interpretation of Bond.  

Edited by Bond Bug

The guy I want to see as Bond is Nicholas Hoult. He would be Bond in his 30s if Craig does a fifth movie. I think he has a look (slightly weird with an intensity about him) that would give him an edge as Bond. In the Jaguar commercials in which he plays a Q-type of character, I actually think he is a step nearer to what could be an interesting interpretation of Bond.  

Nah....Hoult is too straight to be Bond. Cavill could be interesting but even he is still a little too straight for a spy who has to operate in a deceitful world, ie. he has to be comfortable with being deceitful 

After seeing The Guest I'm all for Dan Stevens following Craig. The downside is that, unlike in The Guest, he won't be allowed to fully embrace the psychopathic killing machine side of Bond. Also the PG-13 thing, etc. But seriously, he'd still rock it. 

As far as Elba is concerned, if they really want him maybe they could have him star in a stand-alone Bond movie, then cast someone more age-appropriate. It'd be very unusual but why not. Or in a more realistic scenario they could write a really badass villain specifically for him in Bond 25.

• Like 1