Krissykins

Weekend thread August 16th-18th Alien Romulus $6.5m previews

19 minutes ago, Firepower said:

China overinflating movie's worldwide box office is back? I thought the market was dead for Hollywood productions outside Avatar.

Partly because the local fare has been doing so bad this summer. Summer isn’t great in China this year. The summer BO down by nearly half , yes HALF of 2023! And the worst in 10 years. In case people are panicking about 15% down of the summer BO here in NA.

That probably provide some breathing room for Hollywood  this year and they are doing better this summer.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Migs20242 said:

Guys, it's gonna happen. 

Inside Out 2 is gonna officially dethrone The Lion King remake soon to become the highest-grossing animated film ever worldwide. That debate is finally going to end in a few weeks.

• Like 2
  • Heart 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m not even saying $29m, but if Deadpool and Wolverine gets anywhere close to $28.5m it would be crazy compared with Jurassic World’s 4th weekend. That was during July 4th weekend, this is a random ass weekend.

• Like 1

Dam good 3rd weekend of August at the BO. Def the best post covid 3rd weekend . In 21 Free Guy opened to 28 and the top 10 total was 72 m. In 22 Dragon Ball Super Hero opened to 21 and the Top 10 total was 69 and last year Blue Beetle opened to 25 and the total top 10 was 91. This would have been a great weekend even pre covid.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Alien looking to do internationally what Twisters couldn’t.

Twisters performing domestically what Alien couldn’t.

Wild reversal, same end result. 

The world is ready for Alien vs Twister. 

Edited by ZeroHour
  • Astonished 5

9 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

I guess they should be combined into one giant hybrid movie to get the perfect result. Hopefully better looking than what sounds like the end of one of the two movies happens. 

This is absolutely insane btw. 

Take the L on the Sony Spider-Man Cinematic Universe and do this instead, Sony. Let Spidey with those who know what the fuck they are doing with him and his world.

17 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

I mean I don't think Alien Romulus ever had a chance of reaching 200M domestically, let alone 270M+

• Like 3

Like I’ve been saying since forever:

It’s unhealthy to the box office and unrealistic to the MCU to expect all to break into $1B WW. 

Captain America: Brave New World and Thunderbolts* are on double duty to deliver a grounded MCU film, The Fantastic Four is all about to finally make these characters work in the big screen. Mendelson has the right mindset here. 

Edited by ZattMurdock
  • Like 5