Weekdays thread 19/8-22:8

11 minutes ago, Cooper Legion said:

Sure, should do a little under 6M on wed+th for weekdays of ~12.5 cume ~559

wknd ~20 (-33%) for week of ~32.5 cume ~579

weekdays of ~8M (-35%) // 587

Labor 4day of ~23.5M, Tues-th ~3 for a wk ~27 cume ~614.5

poat labor wknd of ~ 9M and weekdays ~3M for 12M week // 626 cume

from there ~30% avg drops adds ~29M   

If it copies GOTG 1 from here on then it will finish at $657.64M (553.5-229.06+333.2)

What do you think of this?

Actually if it's 611.5 by end of labor day and then copies GOTG 1 from there it'll be at 663

Edited by HummingLemon496

13 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

If it copies GOTG 1 from here on then it will finish at $657.64M (553.5-229.06+333.2)

What do you think of this?

Actually if it's 611.5 by end of labor day and then copies GOTG 1 from there it'll be at 663

Probably make ~5-10% more from now through labor and ~10-25% less post labor, relative to gotg1

FWIW, D&W is $1.2M behind same day JW and $2.5M behind same day Barbie.

Currently running $13M behind JW cumulative and $16M ahead of Barbie Cumulative but losing alot of ground each weekday.

• Like 1

Deadpool should be able to hold its lead against Barbie in the end, even with it shrinking the Labor Day weekend bump will be enough to keep it ahead and the fairly clear next two weeks as well. 

Edited by wattage

32 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

FTFY

No, 52M post labor would be pretty unlikely. Not totally impossible but it would need to hold extremely well throughout September, particularly on Beetlejuice wknd

2 hours ago, Cooper Legion said:

Sure, should do a little under 6M on wed+th for weekdays of ~12.5 cume ~559

wknd ~20 (-33%) for week of ~32.5 cume ~579

weekdays of ~8M (-35%) // 587

Labor 4day of ~23.5M, Tues-th ~3 for a wk ~27 cume ~614.5

poat labor wknd of ~ 9M and weekdays ~3M for 12M week // 626 cume

from there ~30% avg drops adds ~29M   

30% drops post labor day wknd seems a bit optimistic. I still think it will settle at 640. Hope what you said will be true tho.

2 hours ago, Hiccup23 said:

These Coraline numbers are really good. I forget how much I love that movie. Sadly no theaters near me are showing it

It's getting an expansion this weekend it seems, you can check and see if any showtimes got added today just in case 

• Heart 1

Have you guys seen the change to verified audience score on RT? Now called popcornmeter and every movie with 90% gets an extra distinction called “verified hot”. Imo this is a great move as fanboys act like 80’s is a good score when it ain’t that at all.

• Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, thajdikt said:

Have you guys seen the change to verified audience score on RT? Now called popcornmeter and every movie with 90% gets an extra distinction called “verified hot”. Imo this is a great move as fanboys act like 80’s is a good score when it ain’t that at all.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

3 hours ago, Cooper Legion said:

No, 52M post labor would be pretty unlikely. Not totally impossible but it would need to hold extremely well throughout September, particularly on Beetlejuice wknd

Unrelated, but it is so epic how beating POTC adjusted ($643M) will actually happen, and that was something that had low single digit % chance at best" and yet it will happen.

Edited by HummingLemon496

8 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

@Cooper Legion do you have a breakdown for how this passes JW's $653.41M domestically? I genuinely don't see how it gets there, but I really hope it does so it can enter the original release DOM top 10 (well, before Minecraft/Zoo 2/Avatar 3 kicks it out ;) )

There is a Minecraft movie coming?, damn the potential for that box office wise is scary with just how big the game is, and how many kids adore it.

Dont know what the story could be though as its more one of those games where you make your own fun, rather than complete a story. That could hold back the film a touch but man its potential really is frightening lol.

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

You know, this movie is already setting itself up for a terrible opening weekend, but the desperation from Lionsgate to try to save what was already a disaster before it was even greenlight is both funny yet actually a bit sad to watch. 

I didn't think this at first, but Blink Twice is probably gonna open higher than The Crow over the weekend. At least that's a small win for original films against pointless remakes that no one asked for. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ryan C said:

You know, this movie is already setting itself up for a terrible opening weekend, but the desperation from Lionsgate to try to save what was already a disaster before it was even greenlight is both funny yet actually a bit sad to watch. 

I didn't think this at first, but Blink Twice is probably gonna open higher than The Crow over the weekend. At least that's a small win for original films against pointless remakes that no one asked for. 

I don't think two late summer studio dumps like Blink Twice or Crow tells us anything.  Two films that will open with low box office numbers and be gone soon after like Cuckoo.

1 hour ago, JimmyB said:

I don't think two late summer studio dumps like Blink Twice or Crow tells us anything.  Two films that will open with low box office numbers and be gone soon after like Cuckoo.

Still funny if it happens tho