Krissykins

Weekend Thread August 23rd-25th

Posted (edited)

She cherry picks though to suit her own opinions. 

I’ve really went off her videos. 

Civil War prime example. She hated it, she set these random goal posts for it to hit, then it kept hitting them and she would ignore it. 

Funnily enough though, she posts the iTunes top 10 every week too, and Civil War has been top 10 for about 3 months now and she hasn’t mentioned it once 😂😂

With the Alien video I had to turn it off because she was so wrong, but she failed to mention the B+ being one of the best in the franchise, the opening vs the other films in the franchise, the rating, overseas numbers etc. She’ll pick things to suit whatever point she’s decided to stick with and then completely ignore when she’s proven wrong.

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, cinema pal said:

Ehm...because it's a fun thing to do? Numbers can be so boring sometimes 

Not as boring as dunking on random pundits I otherwise have no reason to care about

2 hours ago, Kon said:

I mean, you just have many people in a forum saying how ignorant and wrong is Grace Randolph. Is really that fun?

Being serious about it is not fun. Though her takes is not less funny because of it. 

Officially a another flop for Lionsgate , less than 5M OW😬

The third worst opening for a movie open with more than 2500 locations this year after ISS (3,06M) and Lisa Frankenstein (3,69M)

Edited by Grand Cine
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

She cherry picks though to suit her own opinions. 

I’ve really went off her videos. 

Civil War prime example. She hated it, she set these random goal posts for it to hit, then it kept hitting them and she would ignore it. 

Funnily enough though, she posts the iTunes top 10 every week too, and Civil War has been top 10 for about 3 months now and she hasn’t mentioned it once 😂😂

With the Alien video I had to turn it off because she was so wrong, but she failed to mention the B+ being one of the best in the franchise, the opening vs the other films in the franchise, the rating, overseas numbers etc. She’ll pick things to suit whatever point she’s decided to stick with and then completely ignore when she’s proven wrong.

She said it got a B+ and that was the best score since Aliens. She also put up a screen shot of the box office of all the other films in the franchise and talked about its opening vs other films in the franchise.  

I never understood the apparent appeal of The Crow. I think I enjoyed the original movie but I remember absolutely nothing about it. But the way some obsessive fans talk about it, you think the original movie was made by the hand of god. This opening, while I don't wish bad things on any movie studio, is it deserving failure for lionsgate. Were they really listening to a small Fringe of people who seem to love the original film?

• Knock It Off 1

Box Office: ‘Deadpool & Wolverine’ Returns to No. 1 in Fifth Weekend as ‘The Crow’ Bombs and ‘Blink Twice’ Stumbles - VARIETY

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/box-office-the-crow-blink-twice-bomb-deadpool-and-wolverine-leads-1236117499/

“Deadpool & Wolverine” reclaimed No. 1 with $18.3 million from 3,840 locations in its fifth frame, dropping just 39% from last weekend. The R-rated comic book sequel, starring Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman, has generated a mammoth $577.2 million in North America and $1.21 billion globally to date. It’s the second-highest grossing movie of the year following Disney’s Pixar adventure “Inside Out 2” ($1.64 billion).

Last weekend’s champion “Alien: Romulus” dropped to second place with $16.2 million from 3,915 theaters in its sophomore outing. Those ticket sales mark a 62% decline from opening weekend. So far, the newest chapter in Disney and 20th Century’s sci-fi horror saga has collected $72.6 million domestically and $225 million worldwide.

Edited by Jerri Blank-Diggler
details on D&W and Romulus
  • Like 2