kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [Aug 26 - Aug 29, 2024] | Tuesday | 2.22M ALIEN: ROMULUS | 2.15M DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 1.86M IT ENDS WITH US

11 hours ago, DAJK said:

Lol, I’m just realizing that Harold and the Purple Crayon is going to out-gross Borderlands.

"Movies That Made More Than Borderlands" would be a good meme. Truly one of the most ill-conceived attempts at a blockbuster I can ever remember.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JonathanMB said:

Just noticed that Strange Darling had an outstanding -46% drop from Sunday to Monday?! The next best drop for a wide release was IEWU/Blink Twice with -59%. It then increased 37% on Tuesday, which is pretty solid considering that Monday hold. If it holds well today then that seems like a good indicator that word-of-mouth is going strong, and as long as it doesn't lose too many theaters/showtimes it could have a pretty good hold this weekend.

Dropped only -26% on Wednesday, third best hold for a wide release behind only D&W and IO2. It's actually now ahead of Trap despite making a lot less money than that film over the weekend!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Down -3% from Monday. I wonder if WOM will give this a decent hold this weekend. It will certainly get washed away in Beatle-mania next week, but if it manages to stay above 700k today, it could be looking at a 30-ish% drop. 

thurs 0.7
fri 1.4 (+100%)
sat 2.1 (+50%)
sun 1.5 (-29%)

5.0m second wknd (-31.5%)

Could maybe make 23-25m DOM total. Would love to see it INCREASE this weekend cause its spectacular but I don't think WOM is that strong. 

22 minutes ago, wattage said:

Nearly flat from Monday, not even 2k dollars difference. Setting up very well for the weekend 

Do we have info if it's expanding?

11 minutes ago, cannastop said:

it's expanding. I've looked at the listings. We'll know theater counts today, I think.

It's good to know they are continuing the tradition. ELEMENTAL returned to 1920 theaters last year for a total of 2155. INSIDE OUT II was still in 1560 locations last weekend, though. I wonder how many they'll add this weekend.

10 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

It's good to know they are continuing the tradition. ELEMENTAL returned to 1920 theaters last year for a total of 2155. INSIDE OUT II was still in 1560 locations last weekend, though. I wonder how many they'll add this weekend.

I'm wondering if it can crack 3k but we'll see! Right now I think it'll probably be around 2800 or so. 

• Like 1