kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | 09.27 - 09.29, 2024 | Thursday Previews | 1.95M THE WILD ROBOT | 0.77M MEGALOPOLIS

9 minutes ago, AniNate said:

It probably speaks to how lousy TFOne's Thursday was that TWR "crushing" it just led to an ok Thursday.

Granted, this was just in my area, I don’t have access to MTC4 (at least I think that’s the code word) data on a national level anymore.

Why good reviews should impact a movie from going to 25M potential to 50M+? 

You should understand reviews impact, if they impact, only if you already are interested to watch something, heard about the movie etc...if i casually go to RT (and if i'm not waiting for a movie probably i won't go this week) and read new movie "me and my horse" 90% and i never heard about that i'm not even opening the page of the movie. Who cares?.

WOM is what really impact for unknown - new movies. 

Edited by vale9001

I mean, perhaps they did have an impact just not to that extent. Maybe it does sub-Bad Guys numbers if its reviews are just mid. I do think they matter though. Inside Out 1 opened 36% bigger than Brave with its ecstatic reviews.

25 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

7 minutes ago, WebSurfer said:

Parents being the lowest on the star rating is interesting. Also unsurprised that it's a fairly even gender split on kids and parents is leaning mom's but isn't overwhelming moms. Vs Transformers being little boys and their dad's. Both of these combined it's looking like a solid A cinemascore I think. Good reception so I'm happy about that! 

Speaking of Transformers One, I saw it on Wednesday and it was good, 7.8/10, but what’s interesting is that the theater I saw it in was completely empty. That had never happened before for me. Even Migration had a few people in it when I went to see it. We basically had a private screening. And it was 7:45 PM, so maybe the kids were in bed but it still just shocked me.

Edited by AnthonyJPHer

considering the absolute slop (especially horror) that regularly opens to mid-teens, I'm surprised by how low megalopolis is going 

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

4 minutes ago, WebSurfer said:

Hmm, with +9.5 on Friday, how can we be sure that this will be above +30?

Tone got about 9.5 last week on Friday.

That was including $3.4M in previews across multiple days, the true FRI for Wild Robot is over 50% ahead of Transformers One

14 minutes ago, WebSurfer said:

Hmm, with +9.5 on Friday, how can we be sure that this will be above +30?

Tone got about 9.5 last week on Friday.

I think Transformers was 9.5 with previews

whereas Wild Robot is 9.5 without previews

Unless the movie is incredibly front-loaded which I can’t really understand why it would be, +35 does seem very likely

Edited by CheeseWizard