AnthonyJPHer

Weekday Thread | September 30-October 3

3 minutes ago, CheeseWizard said:

Starting to wonder if TFOne even has 60 mil in the tank domestically 

They really should have moved TF to mid August. TWR stole all the attention from it the moment it opened. Paramount really screwed up here.

Edited by Mojoguy

5 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Everything else above it was +33-49% though so it’s still very notable when compared with +4%.

Deadpool always has noticably lower Tuesday bumps than almost everything else, just because of who's going to see the film I presume. Last week everything else above it was running from 45% to 60% while Deadpool was at 26%.

Last week it had near identical jumps to (ugh) Am I Racist, which it also did this week, and for weeks it's been running a bit below Alien Romulus on percentage increases, which it also was this week. Whatever it was that led to the weaker Tuesday hit everyone to some degree it wasn't a unique drop, we need to look at everything in context. 

5 minutes ago, wattage said:

Deadpool always has noticably lower Tuesday bumps than almost everything else, just because of who's going to see the film I presume. Last week everything else above it was running from 45% to 60% while Deadpool was at 26%.

Last week it had near identical jumps to (ugh) Am I Racist, which it also did this week, and for weeks it's been running a bit below Alien Romulus on percentage increases, which it also was this week. Whatever it was that led to the weaker Tuesday hit everyone to some degree it wasn't a unique drop, we need to look at everything in context. 

You need to take the calendar into context too. 

This film having a 4% increase while everything else was at least 8x higher, is notable. It also happened to hit digital. 

32 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

You need to take the calendar into context too. 

This film having a 4% increase while everything else was at least 8x higher, is notable. It also happened to hit digital. 

When it's increases relative to other films are comparitively right in line with the increases it was seeing last week, and I listed the films out, and the other films were also seeing 10-20+ percentage differences I think it's clear that everything was impacted by something and we don't know what. But if you have your mind made up that it's digital then I'm not gonna convince you and vice versa so leaving that here. It would be easier to make a judgement and keep discussing it if everything was normal except Deadpool but it wasn't so *shrug*. It's just data interpretation at this point. 

We still don't know what was going on in Tuesday which is my biggest question, across the board. 

Edited by wattage
confusion about Tuesday in general

5 minutes ago, AniNate said:

amay iay acistray also had a miniscule increase on Tuesday and as far as I'm aware that's still not on VOD yet. Sometimes days are just weird. It's why you shouldn't read too much into one specific weekday hold.

I like knowing why stuff happens so it's annoying me that I can't pinpoint what the heck happened Tuesday lol. But unfortunately at this point all we can say for sure is it was a weird day. Agree on not reading too much into single days, in general not just with this case. Just gotta wait for more days and long term patterns. 

I will say the first Tuesday October bumps last year were also generally less impressive overall. Could be a number of factors for it but one concrete event taking audiences away was possibly the start of the MLB postseason. Baseball streaming ratings did apparently improve this year and there were eight teams playing on Tuesday. Atlanta and NY were some big market teams still playing during prime evening showtimes.

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, AniNate said:

I will say the first Tuesday October bumps last year were also generally less impressive overall. Could be a number of factors for it but one concrete event taking audiences away was possibly the start of the MLB postseason. Baseball streaming ratings did apparently improve this year and there were eight teams playing on Tuesday. Atlanta and NY were some big market teams still playing during prime evening showtimes.

There was also the VP debate. Yes I know I will get the who was watching that thing.  In a contested close election probably a lot more than you would think.