ZeeSoh

Joker: Folie à Deux Weekend Thread

1 minute ago, Assassin said:

That doesn't mean anything

I don't know...Frozen 2 was meant for the big screen and the story was already weak (It's not easy to make a new story with a princess story, It's not Pixar with all these characters and more complex contexts).

I'm Happy to be wrong.

Anyways Frozen 2 was still huge. 

7 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

In all seriousness though, I don't see how you can call GA dumb just because they're rejecting your favu's vanity project when the best performing films from the last 2 years include Barbie, Oppenheimer, Across the Spider-Verse, Inside Out 2 and Dune 2, all films that would have been considered as "risque" and "overintellectual" for the masses in the 2000s and maybe even in the 2010s

In what universe all those sequels to very successful and well regarded films are risque or overintellectual? Only Oppenheimer was risque.

20 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

Don’t you mean Moana?

disney how far i'll go GIF by Moana

yes even though I am still confident Ridley will pull it off and made a good movie and it will have legs through the holidays playing to a audience that has nothing else targeting them,  Moana 2 is the 800 lb gorilla. Let hope it's not a glorified D+ product or does not feel like it at least.

Edited by emoviefan

7 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

In what universe all those sequels to very successful and well regarded films are risque or overintellectual? Only Oppenheimer was risque.

Dune 2 is more risque than opp for a lot of reasons. Opp budget is not that big, a movie from a director has a big audience and the movie is not that complex. 

i would Say Barbie too is not complicated or oveintellectual for sure but a 200M Barbie movie is what they made...Yeah i think it was riscue

Edited by vale9001

the weird thing about the first Joker is that it kind of under indexed domestically and made a whopping 700M overseas which is insane for a movie about a villain from a franchise that used to make less overseas than domestic.  Hell, it even broke out in Japan.

Edited by John Marston

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

that's higher than the 70M I think Jatinder said so the European walk ups must have delivered.

Color me surprised. I didn't expect 81M at all with all the negativity surrounding it. That is still a huge drop from the original, though.

9 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

I don't know...Frozen 2 was meant for the big screen and the story was already weak (It's not easy to make a new story with a princess story, It's not Pixar with all these characters and more complex contexts).

I'm Happy to be wrong.

Anyways Frozen 2 was still huge. 

And apparently Iger decided to make it theatrical because of how good the show was.
We'll see but it's stupid to already count it out given how huge Moana has been on streaming all these years.

13 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Same window as their other movies. AQP:Day One had about the same. In fact, I think TFOne is coming a week later than that did. 

Yep. This one was reported some time ago

Btw WILD ROBOT PVOD - Oct 14th

iTunes Rips could be online as early as TOMORROW due to international rollout.

Edited by AJG

14 minutes ago, Assassin said:

That doesn't mean anything

I think Moana 2 will do numbers at the box office so long as kids like it but I'm not expecting it to be good given WDA’s recent track record for the past decade aside from Moana, Zootopia and Encanto, and the fact that turned a tv show into a movie is hard as shit especially in over/under a year.