filmpalace

Weekend Thread | October 11 - 13

Is Smile 2 getting IMAX? No, right? What are we thinking theaters are gonna put on IMAX next weekend, Wild Robot and Beetlejuice? 

Terrifier isn't made for IMAX so that won't do it and I imagine theaters are gonna be happy to get Joker off the screens and put literally anything else on there. 

10 minutes ago, wattage said:

Weekend below 7 is insane. Just wow. The holiday night save it since it'll have a higher Sunday but damn. 

Just because Mon is a holiday doesn't mean more people will suddenly decide to see Joker 2 after such toxic WOM.

11 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Just because Mon is a holiday doesn't mean more people will suddenly decide to see Joker 2 after such toxic WOM.

It means that the natural drop it would have from it being a Sunday and less nighttime attendance due to Monday morning being work/school would be slightly less so than a normal Sunday, 35% vs a 40% or something. That's the best it can hope for. 

This is going to the the case for the rest of the movies out too. I didn't say anything about more people wanting to see it. It's dead. Sub 7 is extra pathetic though so if they want to save what little face they have left, the holiday is the only chance they have. 

Edited by wattage

17 minutes ago, wattage said:

It means that the natural drop it would have from it being a Sunday and less nighttime attendance due to Monday morning being work/school would be slightly less so than a normal Sunday, 35% vs a 40% or something. That's the best it can hope for. 

This is going to the the case for the rest of the movies out too. I didn't say anything about more people wanting to see it. It's dead. Sub 7 is extra pathetic though so if they want to save what little face they have left, the holiday is the only chance they have. 

There is no saving face. Warner should just report the (pathetic) numbers with zero spin. And then focus on bragging about the Penguin show, lol

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

There is no saving face. Warner should just report the (pathetic) numbers with zero spin. And then focus on bragging about the Penguin show, lol

I need more Penguin viewership numbers so I'll take it! Everyone who saw the whole show early said this episode is supposed to be a big one so I'm excited.

If they report 7 flat tomorrow don't be surprised though! They did some wishful thinking last week on that drop so let's see. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Madame Web third weekend > Joker 2 third weekend

Believe Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV

4 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Probably $51.5M cume by the end of day Sunday. 

@Cooper Legion over or under $60M DOM total?

3 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Sub 2.5M third weekend

3 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

@Nero

Over or under $200M WW? It will be at ~173M WW by end of day Sunday

Why don’t you make some posts about Terrifier 3’s huge achievement?

• Like 1