Noctis

Avengers: $18.7m!

I'm still not confident this will beat THG. Unlike Twilight and Harry Potter, THG behaved normally over the weekend and had very good legs for Saturday and Sunday. I guess we'll know more once the Friday estimates come in.

Spider-man 3 made 151 m OW.It made 10 m from midnight shows.THG is about to get smoked.

Great start, but as always, I have to caution anyone attempting to extrapolate from midnight previews. All you can take from this is that TA is uber popular. But it would have to be to break 150m anyway. While this sort of a performance indicates the record being broken is more likely, it does not mean it is locked. Treating TA like a first movie in a series is folly. This is not a first film. Not even a second film. This is a sequel to 4 different film series. These are uncharted waters we are sailing into here.

That disclaimer aside...if TA only matches IM2's admissions after midnight it will make 160m+18.7m= 178.7m OW. So, yes, the record looks like...

Posted Image

;)

What I'm interested in seeing now is how much it follows previous Avengers films over the course of the weekend

Me 2..Compared to IM/IM2

Great start, but as always, I have to caution anyone attempting to extrapolate from midnight previews. All you can take from this is that TA is uber popular. But it would have to be to break 150m anyway. While this sort of a performance indicates the record being broken is more likely, it does not mean it is locked. Treating TA like a first movie in a series is folly. This is not a first film. Not even a second film. This is a sequel to 4 different film series. These are uncharted waters we are sailing into here.

That disclaimer aside...if TA only matches IM2's admissions after midnight it will make 160m+18.7m= 178.7m OW. So, yes, the record looks like...

Posted Image

;)

LOL :rofl:

From what I'm hearing, the 3D share came out much larger than expected. If that carries over for the weekend, 190 is in play

Which isn't even that crazy. Again, if the 3D share is large enough, that may not even be as many tickets as THG.

From what I'm hearing, the 3D share came out much larger than expected. If that carries over for the weekend, 190 is in play

What were they expecting? Looking at sellouts last night, it looked like 2D was by far the preferred option. I can't see a much higher 3D share than that of DH2.