Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

I'm not sure how I feel about Avengers compared to Iron Man. One of them I've seen around 10 times and it still holds up. I also don't recall disliking the first 10 minutes of it, unlike the new movie I just watched last night. But at the same time, there are a lot of elements in Avengers that I loved more than Iron Man. Hulk was better than anything in Iron Man, including RDJ's great performance.

If anybody cares, my superhero top 5 now1-Avengers, 2- TDK and Spider Man, 4- Iron Man, 5- Spider Man 2, 6- X Men 1 (Though i for some reason find SM3 and XO:W very rewatchable)

I have to watch it again before I say its better then TDK, but I can safely say it is number 2 for now.

So, for the sake of argument, how close would it have to be to a $200 million opening weekend for them to try to figure out a way to fudge it?

1-2 million would be definite, 3-5M less likely, anything beyond that and I doubt it

I see your point there. But one thing films have to do that comics don't is be more realistic. Especially in Nolan's version. He's obviously damn good at a lot of things, when did this guy have time to become a world class chemist? If a character on film is just good at everything, then he ceases to be vulnerable and believable. And isn't it that vulnerability and believability that sets Batman apart from Superman, making him a more likable character?

The thing is Batman can die despite all of his effort to become the best at everything, whether it's martial arts or chemistry or detective work. You don't have to dumb him down like that, he's still extremely vulnerable. I feel like they mostly got it right in Begins, it's just surprising that they even made fun of his intelligence like that in the movie. Especially since a fanboy wrote most of the script. Kind of surprising to see that come from Goyer. Edited by redfirebird2008

come on rank the superhero filmsx2dark knightbatman 1989watchmeniron man 1teenage mutant ninja turtles :)thoravengersfirst classsuperman seriesno fan of spider man series

I get that your opinion is your opinion, but turtles over Avengers? Really? :wtf:

I wish we could get something more accurate. Nikki is being useless right now, and even though RTH has a range, there's still a chance it's higher.How long til we get something more accurate do you think?

I wish we could get something more accurate. Nikki is being useless right now, and even though RTH has a range, there's still a chance it's higher.How long til we get something more accurate do you think?

Way too many sold out shows. I don't think we would be getting anything accurate for a while. We should get a decent estimate by midnight though.

Why did Nikki's estimate go down by a mil when RTH is saying 68-70 is minimum? And don't get me started on her weekend prediction.

Did it go down? Her first estimate was 60m.