Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

It would likely be Disneyland where there would be Marvel rides. It's complicated but because past deals with Marvel and Universal no other Marvel ride or attraction can be built within 250 miles(give or take) so that eliminates anything at WDW

Yeah I'm not sure on the specifics of that but money talks. Seems a bit crazy that Disney couldn't build Iron Man, Cap, Thor attractions when Universal can't either.

It would likely be Disneyland where there would be Marvel rides. It's complicated but because past deals with Marvel and Universal no other Marvel ride or attraction can be built within 250 miles(give or take) so that eliminates anything at WDW

Awww, can't they buy out the remainder of the agreement on that stipulation?Of course, considering how well Marvel is doing for Disney, Universal would probably want billions to lift the restriction >_<

Yeah I'm not sure on the specifics of that but money talks.Seems a bit crazy that Disney couldn't build Iron Man, Cap, Thor attractions when Universal can't either.

No Universal still has the theme park rights so they can do as they see fit. In fact they just redid the Spiderman ride.

finally.. removing users signatures also removed the annoying animated stuff, some people use - my eyes are so thankful!! :D( a bit off topic, I know)I want new numbers!

What did I say hours ago 68-70 &amp; maybe higher, I'd say leave Sat in the 68-70 range amazing result

Rth confirmed just over an hour ago that it is still looking like 68-70 for Saturday. Seems over 70 is unlikely.

They can make a ride using any character not in use at universal. That rules out Spiderman hulk xmen and fantastic four. But they probably won't because they don't want their park associated with universal. They also make a lot of money from licensing the rights to them.

They can make a ride using any character not in use at universal. That rules out Spiderman hulk xmen and fantastic four. But they probably won't because they don't want their park associated with universal. They also make a lot of money from licensing the rights to them.

That's a better explanation thanks

They can't use any characters as it stands. There are rumoured to have been negotiations going on for quite some time though.

Paltrow is great as Pepper. I agree. Was happy to see her in the film.And on Smulders: her character serves a purpose (to keep Fury right and level-headed). She looked good in her outfit and I think she was a well needed female in the film. And Maria Hill is an actual character. Hope to see her in future films.

DC needs to change Nolan, Goyer and Snyder's "vision" and make them understand that Superman is supposed to be the first of many movies that exists in a newly created movieverse. JLA will bomb and look like a copycat if they rush it. For something like this to work it needs build up, it needs anticipation. I've read that Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman are icons therefore people will be as excited for a JLA movie as they are for The Avengers, nothing is further from the truth.The Avengers is this box office monster because people not only know these characters, they care about them. Not only that, every single Marvel film were building to this point we are now. That's what Warner needs to realize, and I'm all for them to tell Nolan and Snyder to suck it and make Man of Steel the first to many to come. DC characters can and should exist in the same universe, Warner needs to make this very clear to Snyder and Nolan.

Gawd, WB really needs to see this. I definitely agree.
  • Like 1

Disney will likely have the biggest flop of the year and could have the biggest hit of the year. Has that ever happened for a studio?

HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS llSUCKER PUNCHNo?

Isn't he too blond, too pretty?What will be the 1st idea of Warner: trying one last with Bale or just forget him because too Nolan-reminder for the audiences?

Interestingly, I read in an IGN article that if Wonder Man is to be included in the next AVENGERS movie, they want Armie Hammer for the role.