Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

I think people forget how hard it is to beat TDK OW (158 m).How many movies have beat that record since 2008?Two, Harry Potter 8 and probably the Avengers. That's it.

And neither will exceed TDK's actual attendance.

Sellouts have picked up. Regal Kingstowne in Alexandria is nearly sold out for every evening show. Same with Regal Gallery in DC. Lots of sellouts at Regal Majestic in Silver Spring, despite 36 showtimes.

I think showings will do a lot better later in the day too. I went to a 3:30 showing at a quiet theater and there were only like 20ish people but when the film finished and we got out, there were already dozens of people lining up for the next showing. The numbers she has are based off of early to midday, when the kids aren't out of school yet. When I walked out, 70% of the people lining up were school aged children/teens.

OK, just got home and here is where we stood around 5:30pm.2D - 8333D - 823Total - 1656The Hunger Games - 1984We were pretty steady all day, but once it hit around 4, it fucking exploded! I am having a hard time seeing this only make $65m or so today.

OK, just got home and here is where we stood around 5:30pm.2D - 8333D - 823Total - 1656The Hunger Games - 1984We were pretty steady all day, but once it hit around 4, it fucking exploded! I am having a hard time seeing this only make $65m or so today.

Pretty good in comparison. Didn't you theater have a massive increase for THG on Saturday though?

I don't think any Friday number should be taken seriously until tomorrow around 9-10AM EST (6-7AM PST). Prior to that, every number we're going to get is going to be volatile.

• Like 1