Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Question is, which movie are they comparing those early matinee numbers to? To the most recent blockbuster? Hunger Games? Dark Knight? Harry Potter or one of the big Marvel-Films opening in may? We don't know that and it's just impossible to make a projection that early, especially with numbers that high. If i remember right, Hunger Games came in way below the highest early predictions, so everything is possible.My guess is, that "The Avengers" is going gangbusters tonight with big walk up business and sold out shows until late at night and a very strong saturday afternoon with families tomorrow.

Question is, which movie are they comparing those early matinee numbers to? To the most recent blockbuster? Hunger Games? Dark Knight? Harry Potter or one of the big Marvel-Films opening in may? We don't know that and it's just impossible to make a projection that early, especially with numbers that high. If i remember right, Hunger Games came in way below the highest early predictions, so everything is possible.My guess is, that "The Avengers" is going gangbusters tonight with big walk up business and sold out shows until late at night and a very strong saturday afternoon with families tomorrow.

The families are the secret weapon here.

Yep, it will pass TDK because families don't go to their theater to see TDK with kids, but they do it for Avengers :)

Only because I think parents would be more comfortable with "Hulk....smash" than "I'm going to make this pencil disappear" haha.

Oh families will still show up to Batman only because it's Batman. But I don't think any of the recent films have really been appropriate for kids.

Oh families will still show up to Batman only because it's Batman. But I don't think any of the recent films have really been appropriate for kids.

The studio tried to get more families to watch Batman after the disturbing Batman Returns. What happened next will haunt fanboys forever.
  • Like 1

Only because I think parents would be more comfortable with "Hulk....smash" than "I'm going to make this pencil disappear" haha.

Maybe so, but TDKR will bring in some 40+ crowd. Teenagers are sold anyway and Batman is a popular name for kids no matter how dark the trailer is.

I never saw that many kids at TDK or BB when I went. I don't even think they appeal to them that much to be honest. Why would they, they're a little deep for them.

I think kids kind of like to see stuff that they feel is a tad inapporpriate for them. I know I did. Whether they're allowed to by their parents is another matter.

I never saw that many kids at TDK or BB when I went. I don't even think they appeal to them that much to be honest. Why would they, they're a little deep for them.

A movie doesn't open that big and finish that big without big support from all quadrants.