Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

I was you just five short days ago....then I got weak and fell into temptation. :slaphead:

I couldn't give in. But my prediction was much lower. This movie doesn't need to break the OW record to be a success. It's already acting like a boss overseas. It will be just fine.

Wasn't the tracking put this at 140M - 160M? It looks like it will pass this, so we can at least be thankful for that. I'm still hoping it can pull off the opening weekend.

yep mtc 140rs 160I think that's it.And I totally agree with you.

$68m...

YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?

YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS, BITCHES?!

IT MEANS MY WONDERFUL BABY GETS TO HOLD ONTO IT UNTIL JULY!

It was always remote. How can avengers beat a potter finale which was also 3d. This is despite potter being so frontloaded. But it looks like beating HG and may be TDK if friday hits 70M.

$68m...

YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?

YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS, BITCHES?!

IT MEANS MY WONDERFUL BABY GETS TO HOLD ONTO IT UNTIL JULY!

Posted Image

Do not get to excited yet. The estimates could be wrong. I am hoping Potter can win.

Nikki & others THR, Variety etc get early estimate from either the studio and where they think the film will be place and or from other studios/ exhibitors and what their options are on what films will do , distributors all have access to same data and can see what each other is doing and come up with their on estimates on what each other is doing.The hourly gross tracking that goes on during the day/eve only around 50% of theatres are polled (TA for eg its 48%) so a figure at say 3pm(6pm EC) is 48% of theatres, then through use of historical data comparisons etc work out what the rest of theatres did and then what the rest of the day holds, even looking at say a 6pm load if you look at a lot of historical comparisons to see at 6pm what they represented for the whole day , if you were off by just a few % it can throw you out millions, for example with HP DHpt2 a 2% swing would throw end of day estimate out by 10mil.Going into evening TA has gone up quite a lot and if comparing to THG it would put it well over 70mil, if you compared to other recording OD films like DH, NM BD could be a lot higher, but midnights especially plays havoc with working out OD estimates.

• Like 6