Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

3D share will be interesting. My hunch is that the gross is turning out this high because of a higher than expected split. Maybe ~55%. Still not confident that there will be strong Sunday spillover.

Edited by spizzer

• Founder / Operator

Whats your total prediction in the BSG?

I put $441m for the game's purposes, that way I had a cushioned range of $421-461 million to maximize points. But I don't really count those as full-on predictions since strategy comes into play. Edited by ShawnMR

• Founder / Operator

Shawn said we'd get estimates within 45 minutes ~25 minutes ago

I'm just estimating. It could be give or take 15 minutes -- if this new number is accurate, they'll be taking time to make sure... Edited by ShawnMR

What an awesome year for Whedon! He can do pretty much whatever movie he wants next.

I wote a 200 mill budget Buffy movie with the original cast :)

Seriously, I haven't been this happy or excited about a superhero movie since BATMAN 89.. If the folks at MARVEL were smart, they'd move The AVENGERS 2 up a year to 2014 instead of 2015 and maybe film the 2nd and 3rd one back to back to make certain they secure Whedon.. It has to be Joss Whedon doing all 3 movies, otherwise forget it.. It's a deal breaker for me..

Up a year, a year hasn't been said by Marvel officially yet. Also 2014 is not going to happen. At this point Whedon is more than a lock for the sequels.