Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Just got back, OW Record Gone, there is no way this doesn't pick up as the weekend goes on with WOM.

Again as I said after I saw it, this is clearly going to be the movie to beat this summer. I mean I can honestly say I haven't seen the PERFECT Summer blockbuster in a while. Maybe The Dark Knight was the last but this movie had everything for everyone. After I walked out of the theater I really felt the OW Record was gone. I also have to give Josh credit, he made a COMIC BOOK MOVIE. Again no disrespect to Nolan but this whole "It has to be real" thing I never got, a comic isn't based in reality, it's about imagination. And the Avengers was like a real comic being splashed on the movie screen. WOM is going to be through the roof for this.
  • Like 2

Seriously, I haven't been this happy or excited about a superhero movie since BATMAN 89.. If the folks at MARVEL were smart, they'd move The AVENGERS 2 up a year to 2014 instead of 2015 and maybe film the 2nd and 3rd one back to back to make certain they secure Whedon.. It has to be Joss Whedon doing all 3 movies, otherwise forget it.. It's a deal breaker for me..

I remember you defending Hulk when it was being trashed several years ago. It all comes around eventually, and now it's a great time to be a Marvel fan. Enjoy yourself, you deserve it.

I remember you defending Hulk when it was being trashed several years ago. It all comes around eventually, and now it's a great time to be a Marvel fan. Enjoy yourself, you deserve it.

Welcome

It was, but many got over it fast and were team Spidey as well as team Star Wars.

Okay...I always thought it must've been a huge "upset" of a sort back then. I was too young to understand box office then, Ioved both the films and that's all that mattered as a kid haha

Another huge one was Passion.Underestimated by like 6-7 million.

But didn't that have truckloads of Christians come in? They don't normally go to the movies often, it was totally unexpected the numbers they came to see the movie in.But in other news, I got 3 hours of sleep, and i wake up and see this. YAY!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Things changed very quickly. Edited by riczhang

Again as I said after I saw it, this is clearly going to be the movie to beat this summer. I mean I can honestly say I haven't seen the PERFECT Summer blockbuster in a while. Maybe The Dark Knight was the last but this movie had everything for everyone. After I walked out of the theater I really felt the OW Record was gone. I also have to give Josh credit, he made a COMIC BOOK MOVIE. Again no disrespect to Nolan but this whole "It has to be real" thing I never got, a comic isn't based in reality, it's about imagination. And the Avengers was like a real comic being splashed on the movie screen. WOM is going to be through the roof for this.

IMHO TDK wasnt a Superhero movie at all but a crime movie like Heat. The Avengers is "real" superhero madness/fun. :D

You cant compare these 2...

funniest was Kal el being right about Avatar.We got served so much crow for that film likley an all time record !! lol

Lord, I'm glad he got banned. He would've been insufferable after that run

In other news, The Hunger Games will pass Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 and Think Like A Man will pass 75M

How dare you bring in other movies into this discussion?! :offtopic:Don't you know that this is Avengers only?! God! People these days!! :rant: