Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

About official estimates, remember that it is... *looks at the clock*... 7:15a.m. here is the Pacific Time Zone. Walt Disney is located in Burbank, Californaia. I'm sure that no one in their financial department is even awake, let alone at work to give Nikki, ERC or any other "source" site any numbers yet. I know I wouldn't be up at this hour if it wasn't for my wife being pregnant and all and telling me to get her some ice cream. Seriously woman, now?! Sigh. :bash:But anyway, have patience (I know it sucks, but trust me, we'll have them soon enough. Disney needs this for their year not be a complete failure).I'll go on record to say that it'll have an official Friday of 77.8M

Also, the weekend will end up with between 19 and 20 million tickets sold. On the low end, just under THG, on the high end, over DMC and under SM1. Looks like a solid chance for breaking into the top 5 (given a low enough 3D share or high enough gross)

Up a year, a year hasn't been said by Marvel officially yet. Also 2014 is not going to happen. At this point Whedon is more than a lock for the sequels.

Also, isn't the plan to have a series of individual movies before TA2. I'd assume they'd also do the same before TA3.

• Founder / Operator

About official estimates, remember that it is... *looks at the clock*... 7:15a.m. here is the Pacific Time Zone. Walt Disney is located in Burbank, Californaia. I'm sure that no one in their financial department is even awake, let alone at work to give Nikki, ERC or any other "source" site any numbers yet. I know I wouldn't be up at this hour if it wasn't for my wife being pregnant and all and telling me to get her some ice cream. Seriously woman, now?! Sigh. :bash:

If a forum full of 200 hobbyists are awake at all hours of the morning to follow every bit of unofficial news about the box office figure, I think its a pretty safe bet that someone at Disney -- who is actually getting paid for it -- is up (and probably has been most of the night/morning) following the information as it comes in. :)
  • Like 2

Also, isn't the plan to have a series of individual movies before TA2. I'd assume they'd also do the same before TA3.

Yes it is. Phase 1 one was IM1 to The Avengers, which took 4 years, phase 2 will be IM3 to The Avengers 2 (2015?). A year shorter but now the core team has been established so solo films are not a must. I could see 1-2 more solo Avenger movies and 2-3 Hawkeye like cameos building up to TA2.

that must've been painful back then. Especially in the wake of SM1 eclipsing Star Wars which must've been a blow in itself.

It was, but many got over it fast and were team Spidey as well as team Star Wars.