Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Well, obviously *now* its a little trickier. I mainly was referring to the initial set-up films. But still, maybe I'm alone here, but I think Cap and Thor could use some more development on their own. Especially the former since he's kind of the intended star of the Avengers and he takes a back seat to Stark in Whedon's film.(Not a complaint, either, just an observation.)

I noticed that as well. I'm guessing the original script had a lot more of Cap adjusting to the modern day, but they didn't want the movie to focus too much on him as that is a big storyline on its own.I'd imagine they are saving it for Cap 2, where it will fit much better.

Well, obviously *now* its a little trickier. I mainly was referring to the initial set-up films. But still, maybe I'm alone here, but I think Cap and Thor could use some more development on their own. Especially the former since he's kind of the intended star of the Avengers and he takes a back seat to Stark in Whedon's film.(Not a complaint, either, just an observation.)

Whedon's first cut was 3 hours long with character developpement.He cut more than 40 minutes of footage.Some will appear on the blu ray as a bonus, not as a director's cut. Edited by The Futurist

• Founder / Operator

Whedon's first cut was 3 hours long with character developpement.He cut more than 40 minutes of footage.Some will appear on the blu ray as a bonus, not as a director's cut.

I like hearing that. :)

Gosh... Dark Shadows got the shaft. Its different enough to still find some kind of audience, but $100 million is feeling more and more impossible.

What opening do you expect for DS? I think it will still open decently, thank to Depp, but its legs will be butchered.

Dude, you are going to love it. The Hulk especially is incredible. If your screening ends up similar to mine, you'll get a TDK Joker vibe every time the Hulk decides to do something. His moments are THAT damn good. Huge cheers and laughter at my screening for him. The rest of the characters are also very good. The banter between them is hilarious.

Yeah and talking to people in the theater, WOM is insanely good. Everyone is coming out of the theater with huge smiles on their faces. What would you give it on a scale of 1-10?

From Twitter Lots of Sold Out Shows already Today:

"Just tried to go and see The Avengers w/the whole family. Sold out. Looks like we're playing hooky one afternoon this week instead."

D.M ‏ @Mrs_Domo

Avengers sold out...I woke up early for no reason

Damien Stein ‏ @xthelasttimex

First theatre was sold out (@ Regal Westfork Stadium 13 for Marvel's The Avengers 3D w/ 5 others) http://4sq.com/J7uDZE

roderick ‏ @rhenry28

I'm mad avengers sold out #mindblowing

Ross Enriquez ‏ @bruceleefan01

Avengers tickets sold out! FML!

Richard Muldrow III ‏ @MuldrowIII_79

Avengers sold out smdh! I'm hurtin right now

tasha ‏ @mstyax

Had to go to two theatres just to find a showing of Avengers that was not sold out. Ms. Lady *Tya*

What opening do you expect for DS? I think it will still open decently, thank to Depp, but its legs will be butchered.

The Avengers won't affect its legs since it's already opened. If anything, the opening will be lower and if it's a good film the legs will be better

Yeah and talking to people in the theater, WOM is insanely good. Everyone is coming out of the theater with huge smiles on their faces. What would you give it on a scale of 1-10?

I gave it a 9/10 but it is one of the most entertaining movies I've ever seen, and yes, Hulk is the best part of the movie. His dynamic with Thor is awesome and his "discussion" with Loki is freakin hilarious.

Can't rate it just yet. Need to see it multiple times before rating it. There are elements I don't like. Loki's costume is retarded. Sorry if that offends the fanboys, but it is. The first 10 minutes also bored the shit out of me.