Water Bottle

CAYOM Magazine

'ME AND MY SHADOW' CONFIRMED FOR Y9

After going through some trouble in development at DreamWorks Animation, Hourglass Pictures has decided to pick up the film. It follows Maxwell, a fairly normal college student, who discovers that his shadow is sentient, and it is beginning to control him. Maxwell eventually uncovers a world full of shadows, and he must find a way of stopping an evil shadow from gaining full control over their human counterparts, having to work with his own along the way. Miles Teller, Bo Burnham, Brie Larson, Richard Ayoade, Gillian Jacobs, Sam Rockwell, Will Forte, and Julia Louis-Dreyfuss will lead the cast for the April release, and the film is expected to have a budget of $115m, mixing 3D animation for the real world and 2D animation for the shadow world. It will be directed by Byron Howard and Chris Williams, with a script from Michael Bacall (Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World, 21 Jump Street).

Synopsis For "Heaven" Revealed

"John Pleasence (Cillian Murphy) is a young but aspiring scientist working in the fields of transhumanism and biotechnology, spreading the message of ways to eradicate the fear of death through technology, and using computers as a way to save humanity from it's daily problems. His colleague Wesley Snare (Nicholas Hoult) and his wife and fellow scientist (Emily Blunt) begin producing a supercomputer that can transfer a person's consciousness through electrical signals. But when John is diagnosed with AIDS with only weeks to live, John transfers his mind into the unfinished supercomputer, and the experiment is successful. Now, he must begin his conquest, along with pastor Anthony Pierce (Hugh Jackman) to try and create a universe free of war, poverty and death, even when the rest of the world fears their goals, fueled by leader of fundamentalist Christian group Jackie Lynch (Frances McDormand)."

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 1

So basically it's a second attempt for Transcendence to achieve, well, transcendence? 

I don't just want it to be a good movie. I want it to be a CAYOM masterpiece that can also serve as a pipeline for a thing that I believe could be achievable in the near future.

• Like 1